New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Mods for a V6 automatic-worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 10:43 AM
WHTLTNG

Default Mods for a V6 automatic-worth it?

I have a 06 Stang, V6 Pony Package, automatic transmission, and would like to give it an extra punch. I have read numerous articles about cold air and other mods which are supposed to give the V6 extra power, but I wonder if the mods are worth it with an automatic transmission.Yeah, its a beginer question but I need to start somewhere.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:02 PM
gedeup9

Default RE: Mods for a V6 automatic-worth it?

They are if you spend a put a little money into your car, but as for the automatic transmission, I would get a good tuner and then you can change your shift points and add a performance tune. I would go with the Diablo Sport Tuner because i love mine, but I'm sure there are many other good ones out there. What most people dont realize with a v6 mustang is that you're not going to see 30 hp gains from just a CAI, but you will feel it as you drive. For a base line of mods, I would go with underdrive pulleys, 3.73 gears, CAI, and maybe a catback exhaust if you want to sound like a badass. Let me know what you end up puttin on it.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:32 AM
Death61Mustang

My 1st mod was the K&N CAI. I love the sound of it in low gear around 20mph-30mph.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:54 PM
PennState
6th Gear Member

welcome!!!
my friend put an intake and tune on his auto and it made a big differnce.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:46 PM
ravenforbidden
2nd Gear Member

LOL ya CAI, Pullies, Exhaust are all good choices, beyound that a Tune would be your extreme option, otherwise Procharger offers a good Supercharger that'd give you a 65% increase... I'd also upgrade your treads or brakes if you want to keep it tamed, also a Steeda setup wouldn't hurt your driving either, mostly cheap stuff.