New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Who are these guys?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 08:44 AM
Epimetheus
2nd Gear Member

Default Who are these guys?

I need some help here, not only am I new here I just made my first eBay purchase. I bought item#110191688843, the M&M Sequential Taillight Kit 2006 2007 Ford Mustang T2. I researched the M&M product and I was sure I was getting a good deal. After the purchase which was paid through paypal automatically I realized that the company that was selling the product was not M&M but apexmotorsport, http://www.surpluscomputers.com. I called the company and both their sales and customer service voicemails are full, which through up a red flag. It was Friday and after hours so I intend to call Monday morning to try to reach someone. I also sent e-mails to the customer service as well as auctions@surpluscomputers.com and apex@surpluscomputers.com which are the links given to me through paypal. Like I said at the beginning I’m new to eBay and paypal; I would like to know if anyone has heard or dealt with this company or if I have been scammed what my options are.

Thanks for any help
Old 11-18-2007, 09:24 AM
Mustangshar
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Who are these guys?

Let me make sure i understand....you bought an M & M sequesntial kit from apexmotorsports. Any vendor can sell a part right? If I bought a STEEDA CAI I can either buy it right through STEEDA or I can buy it at any number of vendors but its still the same STEEDA part.

Having voice mail box too full is a concern, but have you received the part yet? How long has it been since you ordered? If the part is defective or you haven't received it you may have some protectuon thro PayPal if you paid via that method.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:42 AM
SALEENbarricade

I haven't bought anything from apex but it looks like they have a lot of great positive feedbacks.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:14 AM
Epimetheus
2nd Gear Member

The positive feedback was somewhat reassuring. I also ordered the part Thursday afternoon from E-bay and I wasn’t able to call the company until Friday night and they were closed by then. I am going to call today and see if I can get through. Yes “Mustangshar†it is my understanding that the M&M part advertisedis a M&M part being sold by the Apex vendor. I haven’t received the part yet but I only ordered it Thursday and it was paid by Pay Pal at the time of purchase. At best I would not expect to see the part until today that is if it went out on Friday. I just have never used eBay before and I am just use to having direct contact with a company representative.

Thanks for the fast response.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:36 AM
SALEENbarricade

ORIGINAL: Epimetheus

The positive feedback was somewhat reassuring. I also ordered the part Thursday afternoon from E-bay and I wasn’t able to call the company until Friday night and they were closed by then. I am going to call today and see if I can get through. Yes “Mustangshar†it is my understanding that the M&M part advertisedis a M&M part being sold by the Apex vendor. I haven’t received the part yet but I only ordered it Thursday and it was paid by Pay Pal at the time of purchase. At best I would not expect to see the part until today that is if it went out on Friday. I just have never used eBay before and I am just use to having direct contact with a company representative.

Thanks for the fast response.
I hope you get it in! Keep us posted because I want those lights as well and they seem to by cheap at apex.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:12 PM
Epimetheus
2nd Gear Member

SALEENbarricadeI just received an E-mail from this company stateing that they have received my payment and will be shipping my product shortly. I will keep you posted on the condition of the product when it comes in. I did get them pretty cheap alot less than purchasing them factor direct. Never the less I will let you know as soon as they come in.

Old 12-02-2007, 10:10 AM
Epimetheus
2nd Gear Member

Well I got my M&M Sequential Taillights in and installed. They were not the plug and play as I expected but they did come with some really detailed instructions. I was a bit worried at first when Surpluscomputers.com did not answer their phone and their voicemails were full but after the Thanksgiving holiday they did return my E-mails. After that, all communication was responded to promptly and a tracking # was supplied as soon as the product was shipped. The install was easy and I am no way close to an electrician. The lights work great and I would recommend this product to anyone…