New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Just got my new GT vert...

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 05:23 PM
Rat GT
2nd Gear Member

Default Just got my new GT vert...

Hello, we have just picked up an '07 leftover from the dealer's lot but the price was good, the car's brand new and I don't mind saving a few Pennies. The thing I'm not looking forward to is that it's going to sit in the garage for the next 5 or 6 months... can't wait for Spring. And then the modding starts...

Old 11-25-2007, 06:02 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Just got my new GT vert...

That's one sweeeeet looking vert you got congrats and enjoy.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:47 AM
08whitestang
1st Gear Member

Well, as I replyed in the other post....you know I LOVE your car since it is EXACTLY like mine!!! (Except mine is an 08.) I have a LONG list of mods planned for mine, what you thinking about doing to yours?? Oh yeah, I can tell you....you are going to have a BLAST with it!! Too much fun to be legal!! Being in the south, I get to take mine out fairly frequently even in the winter.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:24 PM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

Looks great. Welcome to the forums.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:33 PM
08Steeda
3rd Gear Member

Sweet! I love Vert's!

Welcome and enjoy!

Old 11-26-2007, 07:04 PM
musclecargt71
1st Gear Member

Nice ride....Welcome
Old 11-26-2007, 11:55 PM
Rat GT
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the welcomes everybody, this looks like a great place to talk 'Stangs.

ORIGINAL: 08whitestang

I have a LONG list of mods planned for mine, what you thinking about doing to yours??
My list is long as well and getting longer the more I read these forums. First thing I'll do is change the grille to center-mounted fogs. I haven't decided on the front bumper yet but I think I'll leave the original and add the type 2 lip from Cervinis. I will also get a Cervinis hood (Concept or Heat Extractor) with blacked out center like on the Steeda cars, Steeda shifter, C&L CAI, possibly a light bar (I'm not crazy about its looks but I heard it stiffens the body a bit), and a strut tower brace. Suspension and brakes will come later.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:00 AM
08whitestang
1st Gear Member

Sounds like a great list for your vert!! I know what you mean about the list growing due to reading the forums!! I currently plan to do a body kit, CAI + Tuner, (unless hubby will agree to a supercharger!!!), exhaust, stylin bar and speedster covers from Cervinis, striping (I think), and I can't remember the rest of my list!! It changes and grows everyday. I have added several pieces of the billet trim to the interior so far. Keep us updated with pics as you mod.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:11 PM
Rat GT
2nd Gear Member

Wouldn't an S/C void the warranty on a new car? I won't touch the engine on my car for a while yet because of the warranty issue. I really want to find out how much of a difference the CAI/Tune will make before changing the exhaust but that's another thing I might do.

Which body kit are you looking at for your car? I really haven't seen one yet that I would like. Some look too ricey, some are just too wild, or too mild... decisions, decisions...
Old 11-29-2007, 08:55 AM
08whitestang
1st Gear Member

Yea, the SC would probably void the warranty. Doesn't really matter since Hubby is saying no SC. So, for now, I get to CAI, tuner, and exhaust for performance upgrades.

So far, I am stuck on the Street scene or the Boy Racer body kit. I am leaning more toward the Street scene right now (I think). I loved the California Dream kit, but I think it is just because I can see exactly how my car would look since all the pics are white w/ black. I know what you mean about it being hard to chose. I see a car on the forums and think thats it, then I see another and change my mind....oh well, it is just hard to make the final decision. Keep me updated on what you decide on yours!! I will love to see your progress.