New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New member and new Mustang owner

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 01:02 PM
alanlee112
1st Gear Member

Default New member and new Mustang owner

Hello. I'm new to the board and also bought my first Mustang ever about 4 weeks ago. I bought it used - it's a 2005 Black Mustang GT Coupe. It's an automatic (yeah, I'm a wimp),has tan leather interior, was a one owner vehicle and has only 14k miles on it. I absolutely love the car. I've never enjoyed driving as much as I do now. The only problem that I have is winter time is upon us and the streets are covered with salt. I have the car garaged for now but hope to get out and drive at least once a week. I've never really stored a car before but I do have this covered for when it sits for a few days. Any suggestions for storing a car would be appreciated.

Thank you for this forum. Sometimes, especially since I don't want to drive the car right now, one needs a place to go to get out some of the pent up energy out of owning a Mustang. People get tired of hearing me talk about it.

Below is a picture of the car when I bought it. I bought it Monday evening and the dealer put the car in the show room for the week. I thought that was really cool. On Friday they drove it out of the show room and I took it home. It was a great experience. The other photo is a shot of it at work.

Hopefully the photos post. I don't see them in the preview.

I've seen some nice photos of Mustangs on this board. Very nice cars. You guys really take care of them. Hope there's some good advice on this board for when the car gets a little older and some problems show up.

Thank you.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:33 PM
Civic_Top_Gear5
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: New member and new Mustang owner

Hey whats up? I just joined too. Nice to meet you. Very nice car you got there!!!. hopefully in few years i can get mine too
Old 12-07-2007, 02:11 PM
alanlee112
1st Gear Member

Thank you. They seem to be great cars so far and driving them is really amazing. Hopefully you can get yours soon. I can't wait for spring!!!

I used to love nothing but trucks but this car made me a car lover.

I still like trucks, though.
Old 12-07-2007, 02:59 PM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

Hi Alan, Congrats on your GT. I used to store my '99 GT Vert outdoors with a car cover, full tannk of gas, gas stabilizer and covered tail pipes to keep critters out. My '05 I store indoors, car cover, full tank, gas stabilizer and moth ball brick. Some also suggest to disconnect the battery and lift car weight off tires. I've never done either and have had no problems. You'll get lots of advice and ideas here. Welcome!
Old 12-07-2007, 03:04 PM
alanlee112
1st Gear Member

Thank you. I've heard it's okay to store on the tires now-a-days but wasn't really sure. I guess the tires are better built then they used to be.

Sounds good and thank you for the advice.

And very nice convertible!! Looks great.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:37 AM
contentsunderpressur
5th Gear Member

Welcome to the forums.