New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

mustang sally here..

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 07:23 PM
bluest@ng
1st Gear Member

Default RE: mustang sally here..

thanks. I'm sure it'll work itself out.
anyways I checked out the link in your sig. my bf is a cop and I haven't heard of that site before but that's great. [sm=wootwoot.gif]I need to get me some stickers like that.
Old 01-06-2008, 01:39 PM
alanlee112
1st Gear Member

Sorry to hear about your new Mustang. I hope it's fixed quickly and without much of a hassle.

However, thank you for your post. I was unaware of this issue and I also searched the other threads about the water leak and I'm glad I'm aware of it. I bought my 05 GT in the fall of 07 and it's only seen rain once since I've had it. Currently it's sitting in my garage until winter is over but I checked for mildew, today, because of the threads I've read on this board. So far all is dry and I ran my hand under the padding and I did not smell mildew and that stuff usually hangs around if it's not dried out.

I'll be testing for this in early spring as my warranty is up in May. Thank you again for the original post - it made me aware of this and to look for it.

I've also seen this with new Lincolns. I used to install/repair cellular phones into cars when that was popular and I'd pull the carpet up on the Lincolns and there would be a lake under there. I couldn't believe it. How could a brand new car have so much water in it? It wasn't visible on the surface because the padding is so thick on a Lincoln and you had to pull the carpet back to see it but I'd find cars with 2 inches of water sitting in them. Horrible.

And thanks to everyone else who shared what they went through and what finally happened to get their problems fixed. One person ended up at the dealership 4 times and finally had the issue resolved. Oy. But at least I'm armed with that info now and I'm sure many others are now aware of this if they werent' before.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:17 PM
bluest@ng
1st Gear Member

I was unaware of the tsb out for 05-08 stangs as well... now I wish I would have done my homework before I bought one. oh well. live and learn I guess.

wow a lake in the lincoln huh?
that's about how my 95 grand am GT is.you can probably take a bath in there...
congrats on the 05 GT it looks pretty clean. I've mostly heard about the water leaks on the V6 mustangs.. haven't heard much about GTs. hopefully you won't have to deal with the water leak, cuz it sure is a headache.

Old 01-06-2008, 10:09 PM
mpatilla
2nd Gear Member

That is frustrating! I love my Mustang, but I haven't been happy with my experiences with different dealerships. My wife bought a Saab about a week ago, and the dealership guys were outstanding. Very low pressure and extremely nice. After I bought my mustang, I felt like I was ripped off!