New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

mustang sally here..

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 10:58 AM
bluest@ng
1st Gear Member

Default mustang sally here..

new member, just bought me a 2008 V6 vista blue mustang. all stock for now but I plan on adding the V6 pony package fog lights to it and changing the rims. of course window tint and definitely flow master exhaust. I want to see if I can get dual exhaust though, not sure if it's possible but I'll find out when the time comes.

Anyways the other day I discovered I have a water leak on the driver and passenger side floors. The car only has 406 miles on it and I'm quite disappointed in Ford. My first new car I saved ALL year to have a big enough down payment for the mustang to reflect my high insurance since I'm only 19 yrs old. [8D]
The reason I bought a new car in the first place was because I used to drive a 1995 grand am GT and for over a year I've had a water leak in that car. After it rained I'd have a puddle in my driver side floor. Now I just call it a boat with mold growing in it. I took that car to several places to get it fixed and even tried to fix it myself but nothing worked.
I bought a new car to escape the water leak, if I wanted a boat I would have kept my POS grand am and not bought a brand new car. ya know? so I'm angry with Ford at the moment. brand new car and the carpet and padding under the carpet is ruined! I want it replaced. so I took it to ford yesterday and dropped it off. said they would call me around lunch time. of course you know when people say they'll call you they probably won't or they'll wait a long time. LOL so I call them @ 1pm to see what the deal is. the guy says "oh yeah I was just gonna call you, we found the problem". he said they would need to replace the weatherstripping/seals around the window/door. They had to order the parts so they won't be in until later this week or early next week, so I went down and picked my car up. I asked the guy if there were any service bulletins out on the 08 mustang but he said no. (I think he's lying to my face) [:@]Anyways I get my car home and I notice my floor is STILL soaking wet. all they did was look at my car, look in their manual and see the first thing to replace are the weatherstrips. I doubt they even ran water on my car to see where the leak was coming from. they also didn't bother to fix the water damage that has already been done! the water obviously soaked into the carpet and the padding underneath. the carpet needs to be replaced! this is ridiculous. so I called them back and asked them why they didn't shop vac the water out of my car or try to at least fix that. I said the car is going to smell like dead rat and spoiled milk now, the car is ruined. he said they'd take up the carpet and there's a drain hole underneath and they'd drain it. ummm that sounds great but what about the carpet and everything else that is ALREADY ruined! HELLLO! so angry right now. anyways I've been trying to look online to see if there are any service bulletins out for this problem I'm having. anyone else hear anything about water leaks on the driver AND passenger side floor? we had a good bit of rain last weekend but it's a brand new car it shouldn't be leaking. There was a puddle of water in the driver side floor of my grand am but I expect that from it. LOL Anyways good to be a part of this forum and glad to finally get my dream car but I'm still upset that it's already ruined. I'm hoping ford will be able to fix it but we'll see I guess. looks like I might have a lemon. [sm=bs.gif]

-Nikki

[IMG]local://upfiles/87553/A90BF35E221648FFBFB6B853F987EA3C.jpg[/IMG]
Old 01-02-2008, 06:04 PM
SKAR

Default RE: mustang sally here..

Holy big pile of blue words

the carpet got wet, it wont be ruined, dry it out, vacuum it, it should be fine.

and Welcome
Old 01-02-2008, 06:48 PM
bluest@ng
1st Gear Member

wellI think it will be ruined, that's just my opinion. I know from personal experience with my other car so that's where I get my information.

Thanks. Good to be a part of the forum, looks like a lot of interesting stuff on here.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:40 PM
stangbanger87
3rd Gear Member

i agree with skar just shop vac it and to get rid of the smell take a dollar store bag of moth ***** and poke some holes in it and throw it under one of the front seats for a few days it will kill the musty smell and prevent any mold growth
Old 01-03-2008, 06:51 AM
bluest@ng
1st Gear Member

my point is the car had 5 miles on it when I bought it. it only has a little over 400 now and it's already been in for service, that's uncalled for.
oh and I did find out there is a tsb out for 2005-2008 mustangs for... *drum roll please*
water leak in floor.
So the service guy at the dealership lied right to my face and said there was no tsb out for my mustang.
I love that. [sm=icon_beat.gif]
moth ***** can't hurt it anymore, so mis well throw some in there eh?
thanks.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:55 AM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

Hi bluest@ng, Welcome to the forums.

There has been discussion on this forum about the water leaking in the left front of the car. I have not had a problem with mine so I do not have first had knowledge. Take a look in the 2005-2008 section or do a quick search.

Congrats on the new car.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:11 AM
bluest@ng
1st Gear Member

thanksMargarita Girl. I haven't had enough time to check out the whole forum, there's tons of topics in here but I'll definitely look in the 2005-08 section, thanks.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:44 AM
iraziel
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bluest@ng

thanksMargarita Girl. I haven't had enough time to check out the whole forum, there's tons of topics in here but I'll definitely look in the 2005-08 section, thanks.
I want to change my font color tooooo.... how you do that?
------

n/m found it!
Old 01-03-2008, 07:52 AM
Grabber
5th Gear Member

Welcome to the Forums Nikki!!! The car looks good. About the stealership; It should only take them about 2 hours max to clean that up and replace the weather stripping within a day or so. I hope that all works out for you. Enjoy the stang!
Old 01-04-2008, 11:19 AM
bluest@ng
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07GrabberMustangGT

Welcome to the Forums Nikki!!! The car looks good. About the stealership; It should only take them about 2 hours max to clean that up and replace the weather stripping within a day or so. I hope that all works out for you. Enjoy the stang!
thanks. I love my sexy car.
well I hope the car will get fixed and all will be well. I should know next week sometime.
I swear I can't take that car anywhere without people checking me out. lol

I like the grabber orange. my bf wants a grabber orange GT. I wish they'd come out with a dark purple or something like that. of course there's always getting it custom painted but I think it's better to stay with the "original" paint, ya know?

Quick Reply: mustang sally here..