New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

newbie....even tho i've had this account awhile

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 06:59 PM
landon.moss
2nd Gear Member

Default newbie....even tho i've had this account awhile

well, i got my 05 in august and love it. it's mineral grey, which is pretty cool cuz it looks brownish green, and i wanted a green one...even tho i don't reallylike green. anyway, i call it "wet pavement." the best way to describe the color...looks like the street after it rains. all black interior, spoiler, tape stripe, upgraded wheels with the spinner center caps. it came pretty much stock, but the windows were tinted (DARK - car is from arizona) and it has a security system.

since i got it, i have added upper and lower replacement (not bolt overs) chrome '66 style grilles (horizontal bars) with a "wild pony" emblem on the driver's side, chrome door handles and taillight bezels, stainless exhaust tip, and a wild pony emblem on the dash. i also have a bug deflector - low on the cool factor, but i was hoping it would help with the constant crap thrown on your windshield in the winter...it didn't, so it'll come off soon i think

i've also done minute custom touches....painted the recessed sections of wheels black (more classic old school look), sand, prime, and painted the rockers gloss black so they stay lookin good...maybe do it to my other plastic trim as well, as they're much easier to clean now.

i'm looking to go to dual exhaust, intake, more chrome (lol), maybe do a '65 or '66 type emblem package, possibly add take-off leather, get the deck lid finish panel in the trunk for stortage and a more 'finished' look( they're on ebay), sequential turn signals, remote start, maybe the chrome old-look bumper appliques (idk if i really like these).............long term possibly eleanor stripes and a supercharger

idk about makin this a hopped up car though, as i have a 71 plymouth that runs like a raped ape, so if i "need" brutal power i have it....i like my mustang to do all my driving in and look good doin it........well, i'm done now...kinda wrote a book here :P

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/i...1-11-08017.jpg

[/align]
Old 01-09-2008, 07:18 PM
Cubs17
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: newbie....even tho i've had this account awhile

Welcome to the forums!
Old 01-09-2008, 08:24 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Default RE: newbie....even tho i've had this account awhile

Welcome back to the forums!