Go Back  MustangForums.com > General Mustang Forums > New Member Area
Reload this Page >

new to forum, new to mustangs, new to domestics all together

Notices
New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

new to forum, new to mustangs, new to domestics all together

Old 01-18-2008, 12:35 AM
w1ck3dr1
2nd Gear Member

Default new to forum, new to mustangs, new to domestics all together

hey to everyone. my name is jason. i am looking to get a new mustang this weekend, any inputs on reliability and issues i should be aware of. here is what i am looking at http://www.allenturnerauto.com/Preow...oryId=21476117

here is some stuff on my backround. i am 28 in the US Air Foce. I fly on Gunships. Here's the part you guys are gonna hate and probably not talk to me after i tell this. I currently a big import fan. I currently have a civic hatchback with a integra gsr motor and bolt on's. i just sold my big project which was a 97 honda prelude with a fully built motor and 62-1 turbo with 565fwhp (high 11's withstreet tires, needed slicks). I am going to keep the civic since it still gets 32mpg and is decently quick (low 14's with street tires). But i've been modifying imports for about 10 years and i want to try the domestic route. a couple of my co workers are trying to get me to get a camaro or firebird since they say the mustang is so slow. althougheveryone is bias to thier own brand, and everyone has stories where they beat another car.but i love the looks of the new stangs, and i'm sure that it's not slow.

i've been browsing this forum and all the performance parts are foreign language to me. it even seems like the exhaust has a million parts to it. like h and x pipe. what's the difference? anyway enough rambling. nice to meet you all.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:23 AM
Pnkhead
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: new to forum, new to mustangs, new to domestics all together

Welcome, i saw a stang exacly like that in mustang enthusiast but the guy bought somered and white gt decals.

Before i got a mustang i really wanted a firebird or camaro also. Firebird is slow(its cool i like it dont get me wrong) but its slow. Camaro idk it can be fast or slow just like the mustang. Id get that over any camaro or firebird anyday.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:52 AM
w1ck3dr1
2nd Gear Member

yeah, reading more on this forum i'm really leaning towards getting it.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:53 AM
Pnkhead
2nd Gear Member

What kind of camaro or firebird were you looking to get, if you wernt going to get a mustang gt?
Old 01-18-2008, 02:10 AM
w1ck3dr1
2nd Gear Member

ws6 for the firebird, and 99-up z28 or ss, but ht emustang looks so much more better. i think camaros and firebird are kind of ugly.
Old 01-18-2008, 02:24 AM
Pnkhead
2nd Gear Member

I think they look alright, I was very close to getting a 2000(i think) but it was white and i didnt have the money. 80s and early 90s firebird and camaro are aweomse, i kinda wish i had one.

I bet you said 99-up because the 94-97 suck :P
Old 01-18-2008, 02:54 AM
w1ck3dr1
2nd Gear Member

you know it!
Old 01-18-2008, 05:35 AM
mustangmatt63
3rd Gear Member

Welcome aboard!Hope you get that stang!!
Old 01-18-2008, 08:32 AM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forums!
Old 01-18-2008, 03:59 PM
w1ck3dr1
2nd Gear Member

I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!! man i turn around to look at it every time i wald away. that's fuel mpg idicator thingy is distracting though. i keep looking down to try and get the best milage, so far in 100 miles i get 25 mpg (mostly highway). ok gotta look at the car again.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: new to forum, new to mustangs, new to domestics all together

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.