New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Newbie in lust!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 03:18 AM
Dare
1st Gear Member

Default Newbie in lust!

I'm mad in lust with the '05 convert believe it or not just saw a picture of for the first time today. Ya I saw the hard top on TV a few times, but never thought about it being a nice convert. I'm NOT a big fan of rear wheel drive, but maybe you guys can help me get off my bad feelings about it.

Anyway, I can't wait to test drive it. I may just go find a dealer and test drive a hard top to calm myself down. I'm 30 years old in Florida at the moment, not 13 like I sound. I'm ready to trade in my 99 Alero, and need a nice sports car convert that will pull my new jetski (Polaris MSX150).

Black, dark grey stripes, red int package, red calips, I need it!!! Hopefully the GT convert isn't crazy insane money! Is there a V6 GT?

Ok I'm done now

Old 03-25-2005, 03:37 AM
Draven
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Newbie in lust!

Well, GT = V8. Do you mean a V6 Convert? If so, I believe the answer is yes. Someone else will chime in I'm sure.

Why don't you like RWD? RWD makes cars fun.

Welcome to the forums. : )
Old 03-25-2005, 05:46 AM
Dare
1st Gear Member

I didn't think all GT's in the past were V8's.

Why do I hate RWD? Because rear tires don't help you steer in a slide. I've done my fair share of sliding up north in the snow, and that's where you learn how fast FWD will steer you out of trouble and regain your traction, so much that I would even go so far as to say AWD makes no sense either beacuse you NEVER want the REAR wheels giving you MORE momentum when the FRONT wheels have lost traction!!
Old 03-25-2005, 01:24 PM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

Yes all GT's are V8's. They make a V6 convertible but it doesn't have as much power as a V8. And RWD is awesome. Think of all the burnouts and doughnuts you can do with it. And yes RWD isn't the best in snow but you shouldn't be driving fast in the snow anyways. Welcome to the forums. Have fun.
Old 03-25-2005, 01:52 PM
xRockThePonyx
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dare

I didn't think all GT's in the past were V8's.

Why do I hate RWD? Because rear tires don't help you steer in a slide. I've done my fair share of sliding up north in the snow, and that's where you learn how fast FWD will steer you out of trouble and regain your traction, so much that I would even go so far as to say AWD makes no sense either beacuse you NEVER want the REAR wheels giving you MORE momentum when the FRONT wheels have lost traction!!
RWD can really suck in the snow-- I know this firsthand. But, as long as you put some weight in the back, (for example, I use sandbags) then you don't have that much bad luck with it. If you really want a convertible, then don't worry about that-- you can get around it with caution.

And yes, there is a v6 convertible-- just a little less power, but it'll be cheaper and you might be able to get one of those right away. I don't know about the GT verts, but the order time on the GT coupes is getting longer everyday. I know for sure that a dealer here has a v6 vert, and he's had it for a month and it hasn't moved. So, they're out there and available.

Best of luck and keep in touch.
Old 03-25-2005, 04:24 PM
StangMang
5th Gear Member

Welcome aboard Dare

RWD = teh coolest
Old 03-26-2005, 12:40 AM
T_stang
4th Gear Member

Welcome Dare and you sound like me ...... Im waiting for the 05 vert before i decide whihc is gona be my next Mustang hehehehehe