New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Picayune, Mississippi

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2005, 11:16 AM
cataclysm

Default Picayune, Mississippi

Somehow I overlooked this part of the forum? Anyway, I'm 17 and I'm from Picayune, Mississippi. It's a pretty good town, all things considered. I currently drive a 1999 v6 mustang, and on occasion my 1994 jeep grand cherokee. I'm really happy with them, though I intend to sell my mustang very soon to buy a better mustang. There isn't a lot to the introduction except that I enjoy to drive for the feel of driving, and I'm not much of a racer. I rarely race even when provoked, but there is the occasional nuisance that just irritates me. That's pretty much all there is to my introduction. Thank you for reading!
Old 03-26-2005, 11:21 AM
rednblackdawg
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Picayune, Mississippi

Isn't picayune near Keesler. I was stationed at Keesler in 91-92.
Old 03-26-2005, 11:28 AM
cataclysm

Well honestly, I'm not positive of that fact. But what type of force did you serve in? I forgot to add, I don't know because I've only lived here about a month. I used to live in Slidell, Louisiana, and moved here to go to college.

Joseph
Old 03-26-2005, 11:36 AM
rednblackdawg
1st Gear Member

Keesler Air Force Base is actually in Gulfport Ms. I was just thinking that Picayune was nearby maybe not. Anyway, welcome dude.
Old 03-26-2005, 11:38 AM
cataclysm

Thanks for the welcome. It probably is near Gulfport, MS. I'm still learning my way around Picayune, sadly enough. You'd think by the size I could at least take note of directions. Oh yeah, I checked out your cardomain page, you have a beautiful looking 05', a great color.

Joseph
Old 03-26-2005, 11:57 AM
rednblackdawg
1st Gear Member

Thanks. I am glad you like her.
Old 03-26-2005, 12:09 PM
1990mustanggt
4th Gear Member

Picayune, Mississippi is right on the Louisiana state line on Hwy 59. It's not too far from Gulfport. Keesler is located in Biloxi, MS. I am currently stationed at Camp Shelby, Mississippi, which is right outside Hattiesburg, MS.

BTW Welcome to the forums.
Old 03-26-2005, 12:34 PM
cataclysm

Thanks for the welcome, and also thanks for the information. I'm not too familiar with the area. I guess I'll have to pull out a map, and start studying in case I ever need to make a trip to somewhere else (probably quite a few months from now). I hope everything is going well for you at the camp, 1990mustanggt.

Joseph

Edit: I read some about your car, and I've done a little looking for things about 1990's, I would assume yours has the 5.0 motor? Unless of course you've replaced the motor, which is possible. How does it handle? I'm interested to know, if you'd like to tell me.
Old 03-26-2005, 03:22 PM
xRockThePonyx
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forums! You sound a lot like me, I don't race my baby- I guess for me it's not worth the risk of getting in trouble and i only have a v6 anyways. Still love my stang more than anything though.

Best of luck on selling and finding a new stang.
Old 03-26-2005, 03:38 PM
cataclysm

I've signed up on other mesageboards before because I was curious. I have to say that everyone has been incredibly friendly. I hardly ever see this, haha. Anyway, I'm a really cautious person, and I'd like to *think* I'm a good driver, hopefully anyway.

As of recently I've been posting an ad in the "Times Picayune" for some GT parts, I just haven't got around to posting the mustang itself. I'm only asking 5000 for it, so hopefully someone will bite the hook. I think I read somewhere on these boards that people are asking 6-7k for them. I hope you wishing me luck helps out. There are some problems with it as far as I know, so I figure it's best to get them checked out, and sell the car at a lower price. I'd rather people knew if there were anything wrong with the car before I attempted to sell it (not to mention I'd like to know as well). Even though I'd like to try and fix things myself, I think I'll leave it to a mechanic until I become one myself, haha. It'd be a health hazard if I were to fix the problems. And this is a bit late, but thank you for the welcome. As I said above, everyone is very friendly here. I really appreciate it.

Joseph

Quick Reply: Picayune, Mississippi