New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

05 STANG in shop for second hood paint job

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 12:08 AM
JM05

Default 05 STANG in shop for second hood paint job

I had A few bad areas on hood dealer told me hood had to be repainted he did and it came back looking worse than when they recieved it .Looked good outside but when it got under lights buff marks, trash under paint overspray all over car discolered headlight lenses.So needless to say it is back in shop .I do not know what to do if it looks bad again .
Old 03-31-2005, 12:35 AM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

Default RE: 05 STANG in shop for second hood paint job

Welcome to the forums. Have fun and good luck.
Old 03-31-2005, 07:26 AM
01harleydude
2nd Gear Member

document all that crap and give them a bad review when you get the customer survey in the mail. if it looks like crap when you get it again, send it back again. make them do it right, and don't settle for less......
Old 03-31-2005, 12:33 PM
StangMang
5th Gear Member

Ya man, thats there job...if they do sh*tty work, let them know...(along with others) haha

But welcome aboard mang
Old 03-31-2005, 12:53 PM
DIVER8374
4th Gear Member

Welcome to the forums!!!!!! [sm=welcomesign.gif] Yeah totally make them keep painting it till it is perfect!!!!! Do not settle for less. Good luck and enjoy the forums!!!!
Old 03-31-2005, 04:16 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

I am also new the forums - and also have a new Stang (2005 Saleen S281) back in the shop as of 25 minutes ago. They are replacing 3 interior parts that were scratched by careless customers or employees, and repainting both the front and rear facias due to Saleen paint flaws. I will not except anything less than perfect, and that includes overspray even on the under carriage - I bought this as a show car. If they don't get it right the first, second or god forbid third time - at what point are you able to demand they order you a new car??

Old 03-31-2005, 08:05 PM
JM05

Well body shop manager called me today and told me that he was going to change all filters in paint booth and make workers ware new throw away suits he also ordered new headlights.
It was funny that the survey was mentioned because the dealership sent me A letter asking that I give them all excellent marks and to notify them if I could not.
When I carried the car back after the first botched paint job all the salesmen gathered around the car and looked at me as if I where crazy because they could not see the proplem on A cloudy day I told them if you put it under lights you would see it.One salesman I even overheard saying alot of new cars have buff marks on them.Well mine did not before they got there hands on it.The funny thing is I warned the paint manager that if he could not fix it right not to touch it because I have been watching and waiting for the 05 since concept and preparing my wife for me to get this car and now I have to deal with this.Wish me luck I am going to pick it up friday
Old 04-01-2005, 01:57 AM
NemoPony

Well why wouldn't you expect a perfect paint job on a brand new car! You paid for it, you are a walking (or driving?) advertisement for the 05, they should fix it right for once and for all. It's a documented fact that dissatisfied customers tell 14 people about their experience, and that 14 people tell some number of people, and so on, and that means bad news for any company.
And as for the salesmen "not seeing" the problem....I'm surprised they didn't upsell you to the forthcoming convertible for some made-up reason or another pertaining to the paint job. Damn sharks.
Welcome to the forums, and good luck with the new paint job and everything else!
Old 04-01-2005, 02:16 AM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: NemoPony

Well why wouldn't you expect a perfect paint job on a brand new car! You paid for it, you are a walking (or driving?) advertisement for the 05, they should fix it right for once and for all. It's a documented fact that dissatisfied customers tell 14 people about their experience, and that 14 people tell some number of people, and so on, and that means bad news for any company.
And as for the salesmen "not seeing" the problem....I'm surprised they didn't upsell you to the forthcoming convertible for some made-up reason or another pertaining to the paint job. Damn sharks.
Welcome to the forums, and good luck with the new paint job and everything else!
there's no such thing as a perfect paintjob.....unless you want to coulor sand in between every coat and that's pretty costly.

still. you should keep on bitching until you feel good about it.
Old 04-01-2005, 09:06 PM
JM05

Stang back and looking better than ever!

Quick Reply: 05 STANG in shop for second hood paint job