New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Should I sell my Mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 01:13 PM
NY90TitaniumSC

Default RE: Should I sell my Mustang?

A little over 2 years ago my wiife and I were faced with the dilema of purchasing a newer car. We got tired of having to sink dollars into junkers to keep them running month after month.
Well, we sat down and made a lits of cars we would consider making payments on. Of course the Mustang was on the list, but, and I shamefully admit this, it wasn't high on the list. Other cars on the list was the Intrepid, Malibu, Monte Carlo, and a couple others thatI can't recall right now.
Anyways, we shopped and shopped and finally narrowed it down to 2 cars, a white 99 Cobra with black stripes and a 2003 Monte Carlo SS. Well, we were concerned about the lack of space in the Stang so we ended up going with the Monte SS. While the SS is a great car and is in excellent shape, I am a bit sorry we didn't go for the Stang. We have a little less than 3 years left to psy for the SS and then hopefully I can look for a Mustang. I didn't even buy the Stang and I regret it, that's what I'm saying. []
I also had to part with my red 90 Supercoupe due to the fact we had no room. I ended up selling it for scrap price to a yard and was very lucky to be able to get it back a little over a year later after someone bought it for the supercharged 3.8L they were going to transplant into a Mustang. I missed my SC the minute I left it at the yard and I will NEVER make the mistake of getting rid of it again.
I can tell you from personal experience and being a former Bowtie enthusiast, the Chevy's do not hold any sort of resale value. At one point I had 8 83-88 Monte Carlo SS's and couldn't GIVE them away, literally. Noone wanted them and I did eventually unload them, but only after about 3 years of effort. Look at the resale value of the Mustang. It's one of the highest, if not THE highest in resale market value, even with gas prices what they are today.
Nobody can tell you what to do, but, take it from someone who wants a Stang in the worst way, you WILL be sorry if you unload it. I know if I had one I'd cherish it for life and it would forever be part of the family. Remember the old Cinderella song, "You don't know what you got, til it's gone." Don't do something you'll regret the rest of your life.

Old 03-27-2008, 02:48 AM
BoostdPony
1st Gear Member

Keep the pony!
Old 03-27-2008, 10:00 AM
07cspony
3rd Gear Member

Keep the Mustang...its paid off...take care of it and give it to your son/daughter when their 16...what a great way to start a kid off.
Old 03-27-2008, 02:53 PM
Murphdog
3rd Gear Member

Sell the mustang, get a '08 GT woot!
Old 03-29-2008, 08:48 PM
keith_AE2010

ok.....my camaro has always done just fine for me. it is a REAL car.