New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Should I sell my Mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 09:09 AM
SLAQUER

Default Should I sell my Mustang?

Ok this is a somewhat long story, so bear with me. I have a 2002 Mustang GT. It has 107,000 miles on it. It's completely stock and I'm the original owner. I used it for daily driving purposes. I certainly didn't baby it. It was my daily driver/workhorse/fun car. I decided to buy a junk car to drive around on a daily basis now that the stang is paid off. It's a mazda 3. It's ok but it really doesn't do anything for me. I really miss having a fun car to drive everyday. I still have the mustang but I don't drive it that often. I drive it maybe once a week just to keep the fluids moving. Plus, it sucks to pay high insurance on the mustang while it just sits in the garage and depreciates. Also, I like cars (especially ones with some kick to them) but I'm not the type of guy to really get hands on with restoration and/or mods. I just like to get in and go with no muss or fuss. I'm afraid the mustang might get more high maintenence in it's "older" age. I don't really want to mess with any of that stuff to be honest. Also,family life isin the not so distant future for me and my wife. So I've been tossing around the idea of buying a car that is both practical and fun. Something that has 4 doors but a bit of kick to it. In order to do this I would have to sell both the mustang and the mazda. My current top choices for a replacement are the VW GTI 4 door, Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart (coming in fall), and the Dodge Caliber SRT4. So what do youguys think I should do? Make your vote and let me know. I'd really appreciate the help. Thanks!!!
Old 03-11-2008, 09:22 AM
keith_AE2010

Default RE: Should I sell my Mustang?

if it didnt have to be four door...then i would just buy a real car and get a camaro.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:18 AM
SLAQUER

Bump
Old 03-12-2008, 08:41 AM
Speedy911
2nd Gear Member

Sell the mustang...and buy another mustang.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:09 AM
05pnygt
4th Gear Member

keep the stang.... you regret selling it... if you do...
Old 03-12-2008, 09:58 PM
Steph97GT
1st Gear Member

I agree with kaichele1 - you will regret selling it. My Boyfriend has a VW GTI 2 door - and he does love it - but it all depends on what you are into. As for me - I told my boyfriend I will never buy a VW - if someone buys one for me I will drive it - but the only car worth my $$ is a Mustang :-) It is all personal preference basically. But I do think you will wish you still had the Mustang a few years down the road if you were to sell it.
Old 03-24-2008, 04:41 PM
Dayzofbliss00

i think you should keep the stang. i know i would never sell my. but i have the same problem with my bike when i first got i rode it to work and on the weekend but after a couple of year it sat i the garage. i though of selling, but i knew that every time i saw or ever heard a bike i won't just wish i had one or had my old one back. but in your case why not drive the mustang on weekend and nice days.
Old 03-24-2008, 05:17 PM
GTmusang01
1st Gear Member

haha get a real car and buy a camaro that was cute. He wants something that is going to run for more than a couple months, but anyways i would say go for a charger those are some pretty sweet 4 door cars IMO.

01 GT
True Dual Flowmasters

[IMG]local://upfiles/93177/0BAF00053922443BA31203C1BCF78824.jpg[/IMG]
Old 03-24-2008, 07:06 PM
KwikGT

Better yet, buy a Camaro so you can get beat by Mustangs with half the money in them.

Keep the Stang! She still has plenty of life in her at 107k. Gears and an exhaust would bring new life to her and won't cost an arm and a leg. As far as maintenance goes, see how much it costs to put a new clutch in that Mazda 3 or better yet the VW. I think you'll find that Mustang maintenance is a bargain!

As far as starting a family goes, I just picked up an 11 second Mustang with 456 very drivable horse power at the wheels. When I picked it up the guy had to remove the baby seat from the back! He said his kid would go to sleep as soon as he started the car and one ofthe kid'sfirst words was "faster!" Not kidding.

Keep the Stang!!
Old 03-26-2008, 12:46 PM
bigplu1

Any upcoming maintenence will still be cheaper than making new car payments...Keep the Stang!

Quick Reply: Should I sell my Mustang?