New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

I'm a new member here, so here's a little about myself..

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 01:50 PM
1969 SUPERBOSS 429

Default I'm a new member here, so here's a little about myself..

Hey everybody, I just wanted to introduce myself by telling everyone a little about my past history with cars. I'm a41year old white male who has grown up loving old cars.My favorite Muscle car of all time and I believe is truly the King of all the Muscle Cars of all timeis the 1969 Boss 429 Mustang. The first car that I learned to drive when I was 15 (and semi-owned with my 25 year old girlfriend whom I lived with) was a 1968 Pontiac Bonneville. I drove that car for about3 years until I purchased a car that was solely my own, a 1978 Mustang King Cobra II and kept it for several years until my girlfriend wrecked it. I had it fixed back and then sold it because it never was quite right again. I drove my mothers black Smokey & the Banditedition 1978 Trans Am for a while untilI tookmy money that I'd made and tried to buy a blue 1966 mustang convertable, but the transmission was shot and he wanted $2,500 for it and I was about $500 short, plus at the time it would have cost me another $500 to get the tranny fixed or replaced so I passed on that opportunity and instead bought a 1969 Pontiac Firebird for $2000 that was one mean machine. I kept it for many years until I got my fill of drag racing on the weekends and traded it for a 1978 ford pick-up that was juiced up pretty good and I could Deer hunt from as well. This truck was real nice but after several years I got hungry for another fast car and traded it in on a 1986 Pontiac Trans Am (a knight Rider KITT car that even had the red streaming light in the front). I had this car for a few years until I fell asleep at the wheel and wrecked it one night while coming home from a party. I had it fixed but it too never ran very well after that and it also ran hot all the time so I got rid of it too. I settled down and got married not long after that and owned quite a fewgas efficientcars and small trucks. But about 6 years ago after going to many car shows around where I live, I got the muscle car fever again and purchased a Lamborghini yellow 1968 Pontiac Firebird Coupe off of the internet from Indianapolis Indiana that was a sharp chromed out motored show car and was puttingout a little over 500 horsepower as well. That car was my pride and joy but I couldn't drive it every day so I turned around and sold the little 1989 Isuzu pickup that I drove daily to work and bought a 1985 Silver & Black Trans Am to drive everyday. Gas kept going higher and higher though so after 2 1/2 years I sold the Trans Am and bought me another little 1996 GMC Sonoma Pickup from out of Georgia on an internet auction to go back and forth to work in. Meanwhile I owned and showed the 68 Firebird until a car dealer made me an offer that I just couldn't refuse on it and I let it go as well. However I was still hoping to one day own a 1969 Boss 429 so I decided to make the money that I received for the 68 Firebird work for me to achieve that goal. I started watching car auctions on the internet and won a nice Blue 1969 Mustang coupe down in Florida and a fine looking 1976 Corvette Stingray from Kentucky for a very good price. I went and picked up these cars and proceeded to work on them and fix them up for the next year or so. I then turned around and sold both of them within 6 months of one another as well as a 2005 model racing 4-wheeler that I got for near nothing as a trade in on the 85 Trans Am that I had sold earlier, and took all the money and nice profits that I had madeand started looking for my dream car. Within a matter of a few months I located a 1969 Boss 429 that looked beautiful but the owner had converted it into a Boss 302 clone (except for the motor) and was asking a little more than I was willing (or had)to give even though it was cheap for thatmodel car. So I got his number from the auction site and gave him a call. We talked for a while and he said that he was kind of in a pinch for money and that his wife was making him get rid of his big boy toy because of thesoon to beincrease in the size of their family. I asked him what was his bottom dollar amount was and then I offerd him a thousand dollars below that and told him that it was the best that I could do but if he would take it, that I would be in Alabama that next Saturday to pick it up with cash in hand. He said he'd think about and talk it over with his wife and call me back in a little while. About an hour later he called back and we had a deal and I picked it up that weekend. I now am the proud owner of a 1969 Mustang Boss 429 that I call My "King Cobra SuperBoss-429". It's not quite stock as it has much power added to it now and was Dynoed at 650 Horsepower, it is Grabber Orange and Flat Black with the 302 stripe kit but the 302 on the stripewill be changed to read 429 very soon, andas ofnowit also has a lot of the new 2008 GT500 KR Mustang interior and Cobra emblems on the grille and fenders. I didn't go back to factory because I like adding a little of the new model look to the old model thereby making it a unique one of a kind Mustang that fits me and makes me happy and not trying to conform to what everybody else is doing or thinks it should look like, (I guess I'm still a Rebel at heart). I now belong to a couple of car clubs around here and will be going to many many car shows in Mississippi this coming year as well as the years to comeif The Lord's willing. I'm in the process of putting the correct 429 hood scoop on it and removing the 302 scoop as well as adding a hood tach and changing the 302 on the stripe to read 429 but I plan on being finished by the first car show coming up on April 5th. I know this is a lot but I guess I got started and just couldn't shut up (I've been around my wife too long I guess, lol), but anyway God Bless and thanks for reading my little post.
Old 03-16-2008, 02:10 PM
MeanStang08
ChopShop Mod-tator

Default RE: I'm a new member here, so here's a little about myself..

welcome to MF's i'm a new too, but good history there, and you gotta throw up some pics of that 429BOSS =D
Old 03-16-2008, 02:20 PM
Cindy
4th Gear Member

[sm=welcomesign.gif]To The Forum!!! Nice to have you aboard.
Try to post some pics when you can. Would love to
see them.
Old 03-16-2008, 02:26 PM
SeanoStang
4th Gear Member

too long

did not read

lol but welcome anyway man
Old 03-16-2008, 04:54 PM
my94pony
4th Gear Member

welcome to MF
Old 03-16-2008, 06:00 PM
Obsequious1
5th Gear Member

WOW! Someone has a history of muscle cars.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:31 PM
scsmithmh60
1st Gear Member

Hey Guy, My name is Steve and I'm from Madison MS. I saw where you were talking about going to car shows in Mississippi and wanted to make sure you knew about the 1st Annual Mississippi Mustangs Car Show that is scheduled for Saturday, April 19 at Gray Daniels Ford in Brandon MS. It would be great to see you and your stang there. Shoot me an e-mail and I will e-mail you back an entry form. There is no entry fee

[IMG]local://upfiles/73759/6E38B186276844FAA629C982322A321A.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/73759/09B6B170EB2F4A938E3406D1EE91A6CC.jpg[/IMG]
Old 03-16-2008, 06:37 PM
scsmithmh60
1st Gear Member

Might help if I gave you my e-mail address scsmithmh60@aol.com
Old 03-16-2008, 08:06 PM
1969 SUPERBOSS 429

Thanx for the warm welcome guys. I'll put up some pics in a few weeks when I get through working on it and my new camera I ordered comes in, it's a Kodak Z812 IS so it should take some nice pictures to post. Hey scsmithmh60I'll send you an e-mail so you can send me back a registration form for that show. I have already pre-registered for several shows this year so I'll have to make sure that I don't have a conflicting car show That I've already registered for that weekend. Nice car color on your Stang by the way.