New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

RX7 owner interested in stangs..

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 09:32 AM
5.0carlo
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: RX7 owner interested in stangs..

Hey there,
Glad to hear your a mustang fan. If you want a mustang your going the right way with an 03/04 cobra. I also want one but really cant afford it right now. As for the navy thing. Good choice. I am serving in the Nvay right now in Virginia. Yousaid you didnt rememebr where nuke school was. Its in Conn I think. Yes you will have a good surplus of money. The only thing I can tell you about that is when you get to your final station try to move off bas as fast as possible and get a room mate. The youll have lots of extra money. If you would like any more info from someone living the navy life just fele free to ask.

Carlo
Old 04-11-2005, 11:58 AM
grimwolf
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: RX7 owner interested in stangs..

sup man...let me first say that being a new mustang owner (just shy of a year) i can honestly say i couldnt imagen owning anything els...as much as i love the 60's gtos id take a mustang 2 over any thing...that says alot seeing how the 2s were 4bangers with 0 nut...but anyway welcome to the site im new myself as i said and i hope you find the stang that sutes you best
ORIGINAL: arkwar

Hey.. I'm new to the boards. I'm turning 18 in a couple months and I've had my '88 RX-7 since I was 15. I've been on rx7club.com for a while and I'm just now getting interested in Mustangs. Someone at rx7club.com posted a link to the Chris Johnson call out video(don't have the link but I'm sure most of you have already seen it), and I fell in love with the Kenne Bell Cobra in it.

So I'm just here to learn some about mustangs and piston engines I know a bit about rotary performance, but I really have no clue when it comes to pistons. I'm going into the Navy soon after I turn 18, which means I'll have a bunch of extra money. I absolutely love cars, and until now I was thinking about getting an FD and give it a 20b or a built 13b, but honestly seeing that one mustang has given me doubt. I'm now thinking about getting a mustang, but I don't want to go in blind.

Before I make any decisions, I guess I just want to find out more about mustangs. If I do end up getting one, I would probably keep it stock except for the suspension (don't want to give up the rex's handling ) but I need to learn as much as I can.

I love the exhaust note of big V8s.. And the fact that I might get an engine to last more than 50k miles. So... here's your chance to convert an import guy I'm willing.