New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Newbie from SI,NY 06 GT.......you have to read this story!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 07:13 AM
inyadreems
2nd Gear Member

Default Newbie from SI,NY 06 GT.......you have to read this story!

Just bought an 06 GT on Saturday, Windveil Blue, Blk Leather (no IUP), and 18 inch polished aluminum, 4600 miles, tinted windows, shaker 500. Here's the story

Show up at the dealership at 10 am and begin the frontal assault on my adversary. After about 2 1/2 hours of taking some small arms fire, drop the "walkout bombā€and get the price and payment I desire. As I am about to sign the buy order an elderly lady proceeds to drive her Mercury Montego through the front of the showroom about 20 feet from where I am sitting. "H0!Y S^!t ! , ( YOU THINK THIS IS OVER RIGHT?). As I spring into action from my years of LE training, I see grandma looking for the gear select known as REVERSE. I scream "No don't move your vehicle", well needless to say my cries fell on deaf ears (no pun intended). The senior finds her selected gear of choice and reverses out of the show room, as brick and glass cascade from the ceiling. At a high rate of speed, she graciously reverses into a beautiful 180 and smashes into my 2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT and a Lexus 330. Did I fail to mention I was turning in the lease on the Mazda in the beginning of the story? My apologies. (YOU THINK THIS IS OVER RIGHT?) As I run outside to see if medical attention is needed, I notice lady is still engrossed in her senior moment and is now search mode again. Before she is able to cause any more destruction, damage and mayhem we pull the keys out of the ignition and the ordeal is over. Police, fire, and EMS arrive and all the usual accident procedures are followed. The family of the elderly couple also arrives and after some fierce and earsplitting choice words for Senior we're all smiles. The Police confiscate her license and I complete my transaction. Amazingly, NO INJURIES!

Well proud to be a Mustang GT owner and plan on making some mods. Nothin crazy, just some bolt on goodies, stripes and interior upgrade kit.

First Mustang GT, but former go fast goodies include:

06 MazdaSpeed 6 GT - stock
99 Crown Vic PI - FIPK, Tune, Borla
89 Pontiac T/A - the usual mods
87 Olds 442 - 69 olds 350(400 horse approx), 4spdAT, 3.73, extensive body and interior mods
70 Olds 442 -10.80 @ 124 street/strip car
Old 03-24-2008, 07:44 AM
Slacker584
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Newbie from SI,NY 06 GT.......you have to read this story!

Well first thing's first, congrats on your purchase and welcome to the forums.

Secondly, I'm from SI as well. Did this happen at Island Ford? If it did, I am more than happy because their service is easily the worst I've experienced in my 7 years of car ownership. What goes around comes around.

Sorry to hear about your Mazda though, that certainly does suck. My grandma actually drove through the back of her house once, shooting through a wall in the garage and coming out into the yard, but not before destroying half of her freshly-renovated tenant's apartment. Thank God she wasn't hurt and nobody was in the apartment at the time.

Hehe seniors can't drive [sm=icon_ladiesman.gif]
Old 03-24-2008, 08:14 AM
inyadreems
2nd Gear Member

Thanx for the welcome. No it happened at Dana Lincoln Mercury.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:39 AM
TPony
6th Gear Member

What a story. Welcome.
Old 03-24-2008, 01:30 PM
07cspony
3rd Gear Member

Welcome to the forums...glad by buying experience was a little less exciting.
Old 03-24-2008, 01:44 PM
MeanStang08
ChopShop Mod-tator

lol.. wow.. wish mine had been that eventful... welcome to MFs... should be a little quieter around here... well, maybe...
Old 03-24-2008, 02:03 PM
dvlshc
1st Gear Member

Wow...that's an amazing story. Well, at least nothing happened to the mustang.