New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Welcome from the North

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 04:09 PM
Grandmaster
1st Gear Member

Default Welcome from the North

Hey guys/girls

My name is Ken Prescott, and I recently bought a mustang. The monster is a 1989 Hatch back, 5.0HO, 5spd and it has a posi rearend. I got it of a kid on campus for 500$. The thing is in mint condition and it has no rust whatsoever. Picture is attached below. The car had a 351 on it before. The only thing that needed to be done was a rebuilt transmission and I got a new clutch kit to be safe.

Anyways, I'm from Houlton, Maine, the last northern exit on the I95. I am currently Attending UMaine for Computer Graphics and Design, with a Minor in studio art. I also own a Geo Tracker. This monster is lifted 4.5 inches, and has 30" Kuhmo MT's. Its quite the little rig. Has most of the modification aailable for these little monsters. Going to be in a Mud run this weekend.

Feel free to check out the picture of the car, I attached it. The plans for the car is once I save up enough cash for it to get painted black, tinted windows and some sort of rims. But after all this work it will be awhile before I can save enough cash to do anything massive.

What are some cheap performance increases I can add to the car here and there, and what should I do for maintenance, after changing all the fluids and oil? Hope to hear from you guys soon.
Old 04-18-2005, 12:46 AM
mustangjosh
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Welcome from the North

welcome man you dont get a deal like that every day
Old 04-18-2005, 03:13 AM
Aliate X
I ♥ Acer

DRAGLITES!!!! Sick find dude.
Old 04-18-2005, 03:22 AM
dc_mann8
5th Gear Member

DAMN! thats one HELL of a deal!!!!! i like the paint job!! jesus that hood alone is 500$!!! ur so lucky
Old 04-19-2005, 12:44 AM
Grandmaster
1st Gear Member

Looks like i've found a friendly bunch here.

Anyways, i bought the car for my mom who has always wanted one. She is over sea's so when she gets back she'll have this little Gem.

Still waiitng on the transmission which should be done soon I hope. In a day or two they needed to order a new input shaft too.

I've got all my audio equipment purchased for this monster. 1600 watt amp, 2 mtx subs and 6 pioneers. I've also got some decent chromies for it. In the summer, I want to paint it jet black, so I'm going to statrt saving for that when i get the mechanical issues taken care of.

Ohh yeah this thing has electric locks and it looks like it might've had power seets. Going to tear the doors down and fix the locks next weekend. Do any of you have some interior parts? I need some misc. small things for the dash and ****.

So i know performance is a common question, what do you guys recommend I do after I get the mechanical issues taken care off? It looks like it already had a aftermarket exhaust done and it sounds wicked mean. Anything I should check other then changing the oil, oil in the rearend and flushing the rearend?
Old 04-19-2005, 01:59 AM
01harleydude
2nd Gear Member

looks good, and great find! welcome to the furoms.
Old 04-19-2005, 12:08 PM
DIVER8374
4th Gear Member

Welcome to the forums Ken!!! [sm=welcomesign.gif] That is one good looking car and you stole it!!!!! Congrats, any questions that you have you can post in the tech area, you will get a lot more responses there. Good luck with your car!!