New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

The Ghost Horse cometh? *LOL* New person!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 02:08 PM
Batenswytch
redneck gamer nerd chick

Default The Ghost Horse cometh? *LOL* New person!

Hi there... Obviously I'm a new member. My husband one day brought home a 91 mustang 5.0 convertible, which we later learned is a 7-Up edition. It is a forest green with opel grey interior, black trim, white top (or was white until we replaced it with black). After a serious tranny rebuild, we discovered it would run scary fast, 130 mph with no end in sight, and that was before we put a lot of dough into high performance parts under the hood and a new exhaust system. I'm not a huge fan of the Fox body Mustangs, but this one has heart, and now there are a lot of memories of working on it with the spousal unit, which has endeared it to us. We used to run around in it quite a bit, weather permitting (and we use that term loosely - almost any time is a good time to go topless ;-) and are now converting it into a show car. The interior has been stripped, and is being completely re-done, (seats, door panels, console, dash, everythin), we're adding some billet touches, and the body is at my brother's paint shop. Among other things, we're frenching in the radio antenna, shaving it down as much as possible to keep the profile low and lean, adding more aggressive grill inserts, cowl/grill insert on the hood by the windshield, doing a complete color change to 2008 Mustang Alloy Grey Metallic, and a friend is going to 'ghost' paint it. (Hence the user i.d. GhostHorse *G*)

Dare to dream it could all come together and look right, eh?

Anyway! I've been scouring the net, and looking for reverse glow gauges, 140 mph ones, and am having no luck. I found a link provided by a member here for black-faced, reverse glow gauges at Amazon, but I don't see them for the 90,91,92, 93 models.

Anyone have any suggestions? I thought I wanted white faced gauges until I saw the black ones... mmmm. Nice.
Old 05-03-2008, 07:01 PM
Pnkhead
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: The Ghost Horse cometh? *LOL* New person!

Welcome! Ive heard of the 7-up editon! You might wana check out the 5.0 section they have all the big answers. Alot of people dont visit the welcome section.
Old 05-03-2008, 07:44 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Default RE: The Ghost Horse cometh? *LOL* New person!

Welcome...would love to see some pics!