New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

2008 gt

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 08:36 AM
jrmy

Default 2008 gt

hey guys,im new to this forum.i recently got a 2008 gt.its a cool car,but im a paranoid guy when it comes to cars.so i got a few questions.first off,when i shift,especially when wind noise isnt present,i can hear it go from 1st to second really loud and from 2nd to 3rd really loud.is that normal?also,the engine kinda clicks like tick tick tick,not that loud,but noticeable.i went back to the dealer and asked the salesman if i could test drive another one to see if the noises were normal,but he said another day cuz he had customers.so i went back and talked to a manager,and told him the situation.he just said to let the techs see it,again ignoring my request to test drive another one.and i havent even ran the car hard yet,and im fearing even if i do let the techs check it,theyll say its normal and later down the road itll break down on me and they will accuse me of running it hard or something and try to bs me.as a matter of fact the last guy i talked to as mentioned above was already saying oh i know how they run the mustangs and trying to accuse me racing or something.also another thing i noticed,just today,when going into fourth,i dont have to shift until 110.i thought it was 100,and i even looked at vids on youtube,and yeah they shift at 100 from 3rd to 4th.and to shift into 3rd from second at aliitle over 70.i thought it was 66?and the gears are 3.55.come to think of it,i did run it hard today,just barely.i waited until the 1000 mile mark.but it made those noises even b4.any advice i would really appreciate.its stressin the he** outta me.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:44 AM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Default RE: 2008 gt

I have an auto so I cant help. You could always go to a different dealer and pretend you want to buy a stang and ask for a test drive, of course that implies not arriving to the dealer on your stang. Welcome.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:08 PM
ptkthekid
3rd Gear Member

Hello my manual brother (or sister, you didn't give a lot of info in your profile). First of all, shift points are a matter of preference. Some people short shift,some wind it out. Sometimes I even wind it out in 1st and 2nd and then shift straight to 4th because I've hit my speed. So when you say you should shift to third at "66" thats a newb talking. Here is the real rule on when to shift, YOU MUST SHIFT BEFORE YOU REDLINE THE TACH OR YOU MIGHT BLOW UP YOUR ENGINE!! Other than that It's wide open. As for the other stuff, I think you're just being paranoid. Just remember, you got three years on your warranty. If your dealership dosen't satisfy you, go to another one. Oh' by the way, AN 08 GT!!!!! Ya know I hate you!!!J/K I also love the "one" post, classic!! Good luck and welcome aboard!!!!
Old 06-12-2008, 01:23 PM
07cspony
3rd Gear Member

Welcome to the forums. I can't imagine what you are hearing based on your post. You shouldn't be able to hear any noise when you are shifting except maybe the linkage as it moves and that shouldn't be loud.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:43 AM
jrmy

hello guys and thanks for the welcome.well the other day i did test drive another one,and that clutch really light,so easy and it was also really easy to shift.so now i know.im going to take it back and have them check it,and go from there.i really dont even trust the techs,i have a feeling theyll just be lazy and waste time all day,then say its ok.so im gonna make sure to call the 1800 number from ford first.i dont know if itll help,but maybe.as long as i get it documented,i shouldnt have any problems.thanks for the advice 07cs pony,ptkthekid,its brother.lol. im going by the 6000 grand shift point,any more input would help.and lol,to the hate 08 gt thing.and to tpony thanks for the advice.once again,thanks for the welcomes and advice,and ill keep you posted.