New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

dndgeek • New Britain, CT

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 12:42 PM
dndgeek

Default dndgeek • New Britain, CT

My first post went into the pic section as I missed the noob section. Anyway,I'm 36, out of New Britain, CT and ammarried with 3 kids. I've been wanting to get back into a muscle car of some kindsince my '71 Nova died years ago. I can turn a wrench, but I'm no mechanic to be sure. I was considering buying a late 60s Camaro and restoring it while I learn when the S197 came out.

I'mon my 2nd '05+ V6 as my first (red) one got demolished by an old lady that ran a red light in the rain. Well, it wasn't totaled (to my dismay; rather get a new one), but when I got it back from the dealer (where I had it repaired), the clutch was slipping. Now, I've never blown a clutch in my life and I noticed zero clutch issues before the accident and I don't really race much (I just like to open it up onwinding back roads. CT hills are great for that.). The tech tells me that it was so bad that hecouldn't even put the clutch back together! Come to find out, the clutch parts were back ordered for about two months. Considering that the S197 had only been out for 2 years at that point, itmakes me think that there's a problem with the OEM clutches, especially if they're V6-specific (not sure). Anyway, instead of catching rides for two months, I decided to trade it in...

My new ride is a black V6 with ABS and T-lok. Wasn't crazy about the tape, but decided to go with it and am considering options for vinyl on the hood (back burner project; I had a Punisher logo made already, but decided it didn't fit with a V6 daily driver). So far I've added Magnaflow duals w/ GT fascia, the louvers and a GT conversion grill (the fogs are what caught my attention when this model first came out; wasn't really a Mustang fan before this model). I'm waiting on an XCal3 and will buy tires for a set of 17" GT rims that I got cheap (even though I like those rims the best; sweet!)in the next week or so. A CAI, x-pipe and 3.73s are next. These pics are missing the custom pony I made out of a GT grill I bought cheap, but otherwise I think they're current (I'll update them in the pic section at some point when I do some more to it)...

Later.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:54 PM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

Default RE: dndgeek • New Britain, CT

Hey CT, Welcome to the fourms.
Old 06-20-2008, 03:07 PM
PennState
6th Gear Member

welcome..why are ur exhaust's soo low?
Old 06-20-2008, 07:52 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forums!
Old 06-22-2008, 03:47 PM
dndgeek

Thanks, folks. Yeah, I wondered the same thingb/c I had a friend of a friend throw the duals on when I was going out of town as he was willing to do it cheap,my buddy said he was good and I didn't want to screw up my first major mod in 15 years. I was happy enough with the overall job, though, that I didn't give him a hard time about it and figured I'd try to adjust it myself. Before getting around to doing that, though, I had some trouble with thep/s axle-backbecause it was hanging even lower than the pic. The problem is that there is only a hanger and a bracket (clamp?)holding thepipe on and I couldn't get thep/sto hold. I finally got it positioned right and torqued down enough to hold, and it was very tight to the fascia notch, so I tried to get thed/s the same way, but couldn't get it high enough. The next time I get her up on jackstands again, I'll give it another go. Any tips anyone might haveare welcome. I'll take pics too if need be. Feels good to be working on my own car again.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:26 AM
pat123
3rd Gear Member

Lose the louvers.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:33 AM
layla17

It's great to meet you! Nice car. I love the louvers too!
Old 06-25-2008, 11:48 AM
dndgeek

ORIGINAL: pat123

Lose the louvers.
That's just crazy talk.
ORIGINAL: layla17

It's great to meet you! Nice car. I love the louvers too!
Right back at ya!
Old 06-25-2008, 12:49 PM
SumterBoy
2nd Gear Member

Welcome to tha site.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:07 PM
Stick03
2nd Gear Member

[sm=welcomesign.gif]to the Forum! Ya, not a big fan of the "Mustang" rocker, but it's an easy remove, if you wish. Good luck with the mods.

Quick Reply: dndgeek • New Britain, CT