New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

hi

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 02:11 AM
arbs
1st Gear Member

Default hi

hi everyone. im new to this forum and i created my own account because i might need some of you guys' help if i have a question. right now i have a 98 cobra that is pretty much stock with the exception of my springs, shocks, intake and brakes. well my main reason that i made an account today is because ive seen many 94-98 mustangs with the rear valance painted. for you guys who dont know what that is, its the bottom of the rear bumper where it looks like theres a cut out. right above the exhaust pipes. it took me a while to find out what those things were called. well anyway, ive seen alot of mustangs valances painted, but i also see 94-98 cobras with the cobra sticker on the letters. they both look really good alone whether its just the valance or just the cobra sticker. ive never seen them on the 94-98 cobra together. my car has the cobra sticker on it, and i was just wondering what you guys think if i painted the rear valance. i havent seenthat comboon any other car, so im thinking it might look weird. let me know what you guys think. im really looking forward to painting it. just a little scared.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:19 AM
jmf04gt
1st Gear Member

Default RE: hi

Welcome and it's your cobra your the one in it, others are going to post their ideas just like exhaust if you like it get if you want to paint it paint it.... jmo
Old 07-17-2008, 03:10 AM
arbs
1st Gear Member

thats true. im just worried bout how it might turn out. ive been looking for 98 cobras on google images and saving them to my computer and using microsoft paint to try and paint the valance and see what it looks like, but of course, it didnt do it justice. well whatever, im painting it anyway. ha. btw, thanks for the welcome!
Old 07-17-2008, 10:20 PM
PennState
6th Gear Member

welcome!
Old 07-17-2008, 10:42 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Hey, Welcome!
Old 07-18-2008, 12:51 AM
arbs