New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Needing Advice on K &N ColdAir Intakes

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 02:47 PM
phonypony05

Question Needing Advice on K &N ColdAir Intakes

Hello Everyone, My Husband and I , purchased a K & N coldAir Intake, will be in , a couple of days. The Gentleman that walk through on the installation process said it would take about 90 mins.

My question is, we are both mechanically incline, well sometimes, intil we start arguing...hahaha ..

Do/ should not , we attempt this????
Thanks to all that reply...
Old 09-19-2008, 03:42 PM
ponyandajag
4th Gear Member

It is very simple. 90 minutes is a good estimate. It took me a little less. Just do it. If you argue one of you leave. It is a one person job anyway.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:23 PM
solidsnakegt89
1st Gear Member

yea its very simple. I put one on at work in the dark under a street light. Took me about 90 minns too. It was my first intake instalation as well. Deffinatly a 1 person job but very simple by just following the directions...
Old 09-20-2008, 08:57 PM
FlavorDave23

absolutely, installed it on my friends new mustang, took about that much time, good luck...
Old 09-22-2008, 04:44 PM
phonypony05

As to one of you that said it's a one person job..... Should have listen I my self, a female .. was doing good till the last bolt to the rad. support. my HUSBAND , put in a longer bolt , and low and behold if he does'nt pierce the tighting of the bolt straight through my radiator... another $250.00 bucks for a new one... aleast .. this time it was'nt my fault... thanks to all for giving a Husband and wife team advice... thanks guys.

P.S. The raditor was a pain in @#%%^&&$# to take out. I'll be posting a new thread soon I guess to put the new one back in..
Old 09-23-2008, 04:20 AM
solidsnakegt89
1st Gear Member

Talking

Originally Posted by phonypony05
As to one of you that said it's a one person job..... Should have listen I my self, a female .. was doing good till the last bolt to the rad. support. my HUSBAND , put in a longer bolt , and low and behold if he does'nt pierce the tighting of the bolt straight through my radiator... another $250.00 bucks for a new one... aleast .. this time it was'nt my fault... thanks to all for giving a Husband and wife team advice... thanks guys.

P.S. The raditor was a pain in @#%%^&&$# to take out. I'll be posting a new thread soon I guess to put the new one back in..
that on bolt was a real PAIN to get in. I actually was using the original bolt that came with my car. Not relizing that i needed a longer one and K&N supplied that longer bolt for me in the intake package
Old 09-23-2008, 06:37 AM
MsBlur
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by phonypony05

Sorry to hear about the radiator... I feel your pain. The issue I had removing/painting and reinstalling my valve covers was caused by dear ole hubby! Don't second guess yourself, we ladies can do anything we set our minds to!

Looking forward to your radiator thread.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:19 AM
Renegade V6

Default arguing

I have been married for 25 years. That’s what married people do…..lol
You can do the install.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:07 AM
bwkelley76
3rd Gear Member

Welcome to the group.

Ouch! reminds me of the time I did a head-gasket on my gf's car and we both managed to F-it up pretty good! lol, GOOD TIMES though. You two will look back and laugh some day.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:15 PM
phonypony05

Thanks , to all, We did suceed in puting the new radiator in, and the K&N Airtake was money well spent, we also put in the new Bosch Plat. Plugs and new plug wires . What a world of difference... Thanks again for all inputs ...Heidi

Quick Reply: Needing Advice on K &N ColdAir Intakes