New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Newbie 4m TX

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 03:23 PM
stang24

welcome
Old 11-02-2008, 03:36 PM
PennState
6th Gear Member

that is one badass stang..welcome!!
Old 11-02-2008, 03:48 PM
ThomasB311

dude.. thats bad ***. what part of tx u from? im from deer park
Old 11-02-2008, 07:38 PM
ruffrydertx
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ThomasB311
dude.. thats bad ***. what part of tx u from? im from deer park
originally from SPI (south padre island) area...and now live in odessa...you know the movie "Friday Night Lights"...that's where i live...and yes its just like the movie...when they play everything pretty much closes down
Old 11-02-2008, 07:57 PM
Vengeance
Banned

Welcome from WI.

I'm planning my move to TX next year. Can't stand the frigid winters in WI anymore. BRRRRRRR!

BTW, nice ride.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:46 PM
ruffrydertx
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by DemonSpeed
Welcome from WI.

I'm planning my move to TX next year. Can't stand the frigid winters in WI anymore. BRRRRRRR!

BTW, nice ride.
2001, Nissan Maxima??? last i looked this was a mustang forum...lmao

but TX is the place to be...depending on what part of TX you go to its not that bad
Old 11-02-2008, 11:54 PM
Vengeance
Banned

Originally Posted by ruffrydertx
2001, Nissan Maxima??? last i looked this was a mustang forum...lmao

but TX is the place to be...depending on what part of TX you go to its not that bad
LOL Didn't I say not to pick on me???? Hey, at least I'm not driving an Aveo or a Yugo.

The Maxima will be paid off soon and will be the daily driver. My Cobra will be my baby or beast, whichever way you want to look at it. I'm itching to race again. I used to street race......and I so miss it, but it's dangerous, so to the track I'll go.

As for TX, I was moving to the Dallas area. It was a move planned since October of 2007, but lots of stuff happened......car accident, broken wrist, surgery to put it back together. <sigh> Anyway, I'm tired of WI. Time to get to a warmer climate.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:51 AM
ThomasB311

It gets cold as heck up there to and snows. the far south dont snow though!
Old 11-03-2008, 07:59 AM
Vengeance
Banned

Originally Posted by ThomasB311
It gets cold as heck up there to and snows. the far south dont snow though!
Oh, that's fine by me. Snow I can handle, heck I'm originally from NJ, and then we moved to WI. LOL I think I would actually miss it if it didn't get somewhat cold or snow, but in WI.......man, you're looking at subzero temps that drop as low as 40 below with the wind chill factor and snow measured in feet, not just mere inches.

Our last two winters were horrible. I even got into two accidents for the first time since 1999. One, I did a 360 across 3 lanes of traffic on the freeway on black ice, but I didn't hit anything/anyone. Thank God! The other accident, I hit a damn curb and busted my lower control arm when the car took a right turn and kept going sideways across the damn street.

That settled it for me, plus I lived in Cali a long time ago and miss the weather, but wouldn't move that far west again. TX is perfect.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:47 PM
ruffrydertx
1st Gear Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by DemonSpeed
Oh, that's fine by me. Snow I can handle, heck I'm originally from NJ, and then we moved to WI. LOL I think I would actually miss it if it didn't get somewhat cold or snow, but in WI.......man, you're looking at subzero temps that drop as low as 40 below with the wind chill factor and snow measured in feet, not just mere inches.

Our last two winters were horrible. I even got into two accidents for the first time since 1999. One, I did a 360 across 3 lanes of traffic on the freeway on black ice, but I didn't hit anything/anyone. Thank God! The other accident, I hit a damn curb and busted my lower control arm when the car took a right turn and kept going sideways across the damn street.

That settled it for me, plus I lived in Cali a long time ago and miss the weather, but wouldn't move that far west again. TX is perfect.
+1

TX is PERFECT....couldn't of said it any better

Quick Reply: Newbie 4m TX