New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Finally a member of the Mustang family!!!

Old 05-26-2005, 12:10 AM
jascarmony

Default Finally a member of the Mustang family!!!

It has taken me nearly 15 years, but I finally bought my first mustang today. It is a 2003 V6, Black with the GT hood scoop, running horses logo on the doors, 5 speed transmission, and best of all to me, dual exhaust.

Man, it sounds really good and throaty when driving or revving. I am so excited about my new car. Too many people knock the V6, but I was never really even interested in the GT because of gas, price, and insurance. I also do not race my car, nor do I need that much horsepower. I drive my daughter to and from school, so this car work work great, plus it does look like a GT.
AWESOME! As soon as I get pics I will post them. I am so excited about this car. I think I got it for a pretty good price too. Out the door at 10,900.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:36 AM
grandprixfan98

Default RE: Finally a member of the Mustang family!!!

Good thing you don't plan on racing it, 'cause you would have wasted your money!
Old 05-26-2005, 11:38 AM
broke88
1st Gear Member

Congrats on your car.

Now you have something to enjoy. I purchased my first Stang this past Thanks giving & recieved it march 10th or so and have had nothing but fun with it. Sounds great and looks good. Plus I enjoy the stanggatherings for the war story swaps. I do like watching the ones who race their cars, but me? I like hanging in the pits ratchetting the jaws with the ladies
Old 05-26-2005, 12:56 PM
xRockThePonyx
6th Gear Member

Welcome!!
Old 05-26-2005, 05:12 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

Welcome to the boards. Sounds like you got a great car. I'm looking forward to seeing some pics
Old 05-26-2005, 05:17 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: grandprixfan98

Good thing you don't plan on racing it, 'cause you would have wasted your money!
Doesn't sound like he bought it to race, but some of those sixxers can get pretty quick with the right mods.
Old 05-26-2005, 07:08 PM
C/Note
I ♥ Acer

hey there ...
Old 05-27-2005, 12:03 AM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

[quote]ORIGINAL: grandprixfan98

I love to eat horses? Grandprix[sm=forgetit.gif][sm=wakeup.gif]
Old 05-28-2005, 03:19 PM
Leadfoot
2nd Gear Member

Congratulations on your new car. You got an excellent price for your car. What took you so long to buy one? I finally got one for myself because my kids are now over 12 and I can be me again, not just a mom.

Can I act 20 something again with my car? You bet!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-29-2005, 09:56 PM
jascarmony

I still do not have any pics to post. My wife has been driving the car all weekend and is quickly falling in love with it. I tried convincing her to get one of her own, but practicality wins this argument. We have a 4 year old girl and need something a little more family oriented. We also drive a mazda 6.

My parents never let me buy one when I was younger, and then I joined the military and they (parents) talked me out of buying a 95 when it was new. Insurance and all. Jump ahead to 2001 and my wife and I were returning from Germany. She was pregnant, but I still wanted a mustang. I went to a dealer and they offered me 4K on my trade in (corsica), but I could not pull the trigger because I was about to be a new father. A year and half later, practicality won out again as we bought a Durang instead of the Mustang. Last year I actually bought a beat up 4 banger 88 mustang, that was a complete waste of money. I drove it for about a month and had to sell it. I never really thought of it as a mustang.

My wife recently was able to start working because our daughter was old enough to start preschool, so the wife said she would help my dream come true. Gotta love her, but now she is driving my car.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Finally a member of the Mustang family!!!