New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

A First-time Mustang Owner from Canada

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 11:56 PM
Carol

Default A First-time Mustang Owner from Canada

Hello to all. I am now officially a proud owner of a Mustang. This looks like a great forum and I am happy to be a part of it.

One week ago I purchased a 2003 Centennial edition convertible 5-speed Mustang GT. She was owned by a car collector who traded her in on a 2004 Thunderbird for some unknown reason. She is in pristine condition and had only 6600 km. (4125 miles) on her odometer when I bought her. I call her "The Duck" because of a private joke between me and my husband.

She is all black, of course, as were all the Centennial cars and trucks built in June 2003. The interior is two-tone parchment with a Mach 460 stereo with 6-CD changer. She has special edition wheels which I especially like. In the last week, I have put three coats of Zaino show car polish on her and she really shines! Wow, she's a beauty!

Now that I have driven about 400 km in this lovely Mustang, here are my impressions:

- I love driving a convertible with the top down. This is the first convertible I have ever owned, and it's great! The designers have really done a terrific job in designing the Mustang regarding lack of wind and buffetting when travelling with the top down, even at highway speeds! Also, it is very easy to raise the power top if a rainshower should come along.

- Wonderful sound system. My CDs sound great even on the highway with the top down, especially with the windows up.

- Throaty and powerful V8 engine.

- Ease of shifting gears and downshifting.

- Great as a daily driver. Lots of space in the trunk and back seats for your shopping bags.

- Oodles of FUN!!!

I vow to keep this beautiful Mustang in good condition, to take her out for a spin on sunny days "just for the heck of it", and to let my husband drive her once in a while if he is a good boy!!!!!!!!!!

Carol [sm=massbounce.gif]

Old 06-06-2005, 12:47 AM
Black Snake
5th Gear Member

Default RE: A First-time Mustang Owner from Canada

Yes convertibles are very fun, and welcome to the forums. Proud to have ya.
Old 06-08-2005, 04:24 PM
xRockThePonyx
6th Gear Member

Default RE: A First-time Mustang Owner from Canada

Welcome!! Nice stang! I know you'll continue to enjoy it!