New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New 03 Mustang GT Owner

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 02:52 PM
ForrestB

I'll definitely keep away from ricey parts, but I'd also like to put enough aesthetic work into it so it doesn't look like every other mustang driving around.

I mean I hate seeing those cheesy civics that look like they're straight out of a need for speed game, but every know and then a souped up mustang drives by with an aftermarket spoiler, quarter-window scoops, or rear window louvers, and I'd like to have that personalization. I know race pedals and a shifter are unnecessary but I like the look and feel of both of them. Besides, as a surfer, I can't tell you guys how many times my wet foot has slipped off a pedal, or hand off the shifter ****. The parts I ordered look like they will help with that sort of thing.

This summer I'm probably going to paint it either a dark charcoal color or a shiny dark bluish black. I've also got a friend who will pass my car's inspection with illegal tint, so I'm probably just going to black it out all around.

I really want to get it twin-turbocharged but I'm not sure if I'll be able to afford something like that. I'll probably end up replacing the hood scoop with a real shaker system; not to expensive, "old-school" good looking, and beneficial to engine performance.

Oh yeah, it had ~55,000 miles on it when I bought it.