New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

minnor power upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 03:44 AM
dagamore
2nd Gear Member

from my thread on another forum, but i am new here, so may as well start the story at the start.

That's IT! I have HAD IT with my POS 1993 GOLF GL3 Europa car.

IT HAS FAILED ME FOR THE LAST TIME!!!!!

this is a current pictures of my evil evil car, that in the past 4 months I have replaced the following, in this order.

clutch cable
rear brakes
front tires
front window motor
rear window motor controllers
water pump
clutch
radiator
master cylinder
starter relay
thermostat
shift linkage
front brakes
left rear tire
battery

And now it makes a strange creaking noise when turning left, and has a strange thumping sound when driving off from a stop (suspension/motor mount issue?)

and here is some bad pictures of it.

It has now been replaced with the following (note not the real one(see below pic for more info))

Now dont that look just a bit better, and it should have enough power to get out of its own way, unlike the golf it replaced. It will be a blast to upgrade from 75HP to 300HP. I dont know what i will do with some power under my foot, going from 1.3L 2V inline 4 to a 4.6L 3V V8!

I gave the check to the dealer just an hour ago, damn that hurt to send all that cash his way, but i will get the new car smell. I do the Customs Paper work and Insurance tomorrow, and then i take a train (6 hours!) to the port at Bremerhaven Germany and get to drive it out of the port and 600ish KM later will be home. That's right, my first drive in it will include ~350ish KM of no speed limit autobahn I am so going to see if the limiter works if i can find a good strait stretch either on A27 to A7, or A5. It looks like a great 6-7 hour break drive. Will get that mustang running strong. I cant wait.

Will post an update (including the train ride(but not the hotel)) in my photos on my trip to get my first new car that i am paying for all by my self, finaly no more junkers!

Once i get the feel for this car, and get some good summer tires on her, I will have to take to trip to the ring this spring/summer and run around it, yes i know i will be nowhere near the sub 10 minutes that true super cars run it in, but i will have a blast even if it takes me 45 minutes to get around that track

sadly this is the only picture of my old car that i like.

Hey its in there, sorta in the back area.

now to put a dent in to this.

And off i go to pick up the new car.

Time 16.25 waiting for the train, must have train food.

and the train food was good!

kewl town name on the route, pictures on a moving train hard

and more train food waiting on the next train.

and where was i waiting you might ask. Time 17.58

and off to

Wait i am not goint to Berlin, nor am i picking up a VW so no trip to Wolfsburg for me.

and more train food.

Last edited by mygt500; 06-03-2009 at 10:36 PM.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:10 AM
PHX8839
2nd Gear Member

Congrats, how much did that cost you to get one over there. It'll be nice not to see them all over the place like you do around here.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:13 AM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Welcome to Mustangforums!
Old 06-03-2009, 12:27 PM
dagamore
2nd Gear Member

and finaly at the hotel 2.15 (AM! the next ******* day(was way too tired to git pics from the last 5 or so hours of that trip(plus the batteries died))

but the hotel room in the am. ~8.00ish

and a very small bed, but it worked great.

some photos from the balcony of the room.

and mroe bouys then you could shake a stick at.

and the coffee table in the import place waiting room.

Old 06-03-2009, 12:27 PM
dagamore
2nd Gear Member

and finaly the new car!

a lot of germans will see this shot.

other shots

and how many miles on it at the start you ask?

and whats under the hood??

and TomTom tells me this will be a damn long drive.

no wonder the new mustang gets such good MPG look at the motor loaf along at 60MPH!

the roads could not be better.

pick up a little bit of speed here.

and even more speed here, and no officer i was not driving 120MPH with less then 75 miles on the motor

and a few more pics from a restplatz nothing like a nap while driving 600 + km in one day.

Note the above photos were from last october, now for last weekend.

Today I spent some time on an old airport runway running in a bracket contest. It was a blast, totally worth the time/fuel/money (2 hour drive there/ 42l of fuel spent/~40 euros for fees and lunch(currywurst for the win! )). At Spangdahelm Germany.

While the setup was not ideal, i.e. not a real dedicated and prepped track it was still a ton of fun, even if I was eliminated in the 2nd round (by .005 of a second!) Saw some great cars there, did not get as many pics as i would have liked. but ot vell.

Temp at the track ~22 C (71.6F) at the start ended the day ~25.5C (77.9F).
Altitude at the track 305M (1001Feet)

Won 2 of the 3 warm-up/shake down runs, no pics of the Opel<?> i ran in the first run,. Race 2 and 3 were against a 2004 Mustang GT with minor motor mods (CAI and exhaust and a tune). In the brackets I only won the first round in the brackes due to the MB Kleemann 55KSB due to him jumping the green and getting a red light. Lost in the 2nd round to a 2002 Camaro SS (Special edition) Convertible by .005 seconds.

Very much fun, will go again, now looking for more places to run and now i really need more power in my car.

Here are the time slips( http://1on1-motorsports.de/slip/?car=388 ) I am car number 388. It was a ton of fun, i need to figure out my launch routine and get that time more consistent, went from a best R/T of .189 to my worst of a .590, also need to get more consistent on my launch rpm i launched with everything from idle (worst R/T) to ~4.5K. Also need to get a line locker so i can get my tires warmed up more consistently. with out the line locker, i went around the water box and just launched hard going up to the line. I also left my AC on max on the first run against 387 but did not look like that hurt the run all that much, I think my being on the rev limiter in 2nd did more then leaving the AC on, but i dont know, the second time i raced him the AC was off and i did not hit the limiter at all, But i dont know, all i know for sure is that i need more power and more speed, and possibly better tires, a few times going in to 2nd and once in to 3rd they got a little squirrely on me, but that could also be from not warming them up right.

my car the day before at a Wounded Warrior Ride/BBQ/CarShow.

One nasty 455 lemons that i am glad i did not have to run with.

Its germany you know there will be atleast one Boxer.

Backend of the Kleemann MB i ran against

thats one scary fast car.

Loved this sticker on a nice old car, you can sorta see me and my car in the paint reflection.

Last edited by mygt500; 06-03-2009 at 10:38 PM.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:30 PM
dagamore
2nd Gear Member

some vids of a few of my runs.

first the loss to #387

now the win vs #387

now the win vs the Kleemann

now the loss to the Camaro

yeah i know that the link for the times nolonger works, but here is a scan of my time slips.

Yeah i need to figure out how to launch, and i know i need to massivly drop my 60foot times, but it was my first time at the drags and i had a blast.

Last edited by mygt500; 06-03-2009 at 10:38 PM.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:28 PM
Obsequious1
5th Gear Member

WELCOME TO MF'S
Old 06-03-2009, 03:38 PM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Welcome & congrats! Nice pics ^^^
Old 06-03-2009, 04:27 PM
05pnygt
4th Gear Member

welcome....
Old 06-03-2009, 05:59 PM
7STANG
99GTverts minion

Great posts dagamore and welcome to the forums. Check out the street/strip section if you are into racing.

Quick Reply: minnor power upgrade