New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

im new and want to say hi

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 06:03 PM
blaze8989

Default im new and want to say hi

so im a 15 year old in highschool and any advice can help so please reply . ever since ive seen that 67 fastback in ''Gone in 60 seconds''ive wanted a classic mustang ever since and i would like to do some restoring myself but i know i have to be realistic being that i cant do much engine work mainly body work im only 15. and next year im going lewis and clark colleage for some auto classes .what i basicly know about cars is from my dad whos really not into cars and from my friends and from what ive looked up alot online but the internet can only give you so much.i know the basics and how an engine works and the main parts of a engine like the pistons,cylinders,camshaft,crankshaft,transmission ,etc and what they do but i have no idea how to install new parts *or* clean parts the most ive done on a car is change the tires and oil myself . you probally think im just another kid who wants a mustang and wont stick with it and might even change his mind. well thats FAR from the truth .but im not looking to be mechanic but iam looking to own a classic mustang not to show off ,not to brag about ,but to have a car i really care about and buy it when im young so i dont have to spend money on bills yet all money is going to the car im looking to make 6,000 dollars next summer and maybe get the mustang and keep working to get it done i would have as just much working on it as to drive it around when its finished. i dont know much about prices either so if know how much a 67 fastback would cost with not to much inside work and can you please reply ? thankyou .One more question do you think my dreams possable . THANK YOU
Old 07-08-2009, 07:32 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Welcome to Mustangforums!
Old 07-09-2009, 10:09 AM
Obsequious1
5th Gear Member

WELCOME TO MF'S

I used to buy books on how to build race engines and Haynes repair guides for almost every vehicle I owned. Its great to learn something new about auto mechanics. I can't wait to sink my teeth into this 4.6 build.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:16 AM
PennState
6th Gear Member

welcome!!
Old 07-10-2009, 03:16 AM
07q335
4th Gear Member

welcome
Old 07-11-2009, 04:41 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Welcome!