New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Mustang Owner from Orlando, Florida

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 08:23 PM
Burrosito
2nd Gear Member

Default Mustang Owner from Orlando, Florida

Hullo MFers.

My name's Luis, 24 (25 in Aug ), and currently own a 2006 Mustang GT, Manual Transmission, Redfire.

While I'm a new user to the forums, I have come through here a few times, reading the How-To topics. And I must say, everyone involved in creating a How-To - bravo. They have open my eyes for DIY work, and I can now appreciate my car even more. I haven't done them yet, but using your guys tutorials I'm now brave enough to tackle my transmission and rear diff. fluids, along with solving the window tint scratches! Thanks again to you guys here in the forums.

I bought my car used in '07 after owning a 1990 Honda Civic Hatch (All stock, no ricer here :P) for five years. And thank God I switched to such a great vehicle. It only had 15,000 miles on it. I only had one problem with it, which was a bad alternator, and had that replaced (under warranty) last month. But unfortunately just today, a 73 year old lady with a pace maker in an Infinity G35 4-door rear ended me (minor fender bender). Banged up my rear bumper a bit, but I am having that repaired tomorrow through the insurance.

Currently, my 'Stang is all stock. I do all my own servicing, tire rotation, etc. As much as I can do with little tools and money. Probably the alignment and the alternator were the only things I had done by outside sources. Money is tight, and with job hours getting cut, I have no extra money for customization or mods. But hopefully within the next year or two, I can at least dress up the outside since the car itself is already a powerhouse IMO. Though more power is always welcomed.

I love my Mustang, and apparently so do plenty of other people. My grandfather has an old sixties Mustang sitting in his garage, and my cousin has a V6 Auto, same color as mine, and he is currently giving it some GT dress ups such as grill/fog lights, and dual exhaust. Even his girlfriend has a new model Mustang.

I hope to come around here and absorb the experiences and advice from everyone here so that I may become more of a Mustang Enthusiast.

Pics of my car.

Old 07-22-2009, 08:43 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Welcome to Mustangforums!
Old 07-22-2009, 08:52 PM
MuscleSpasm

*chuckle*

MFers!!!! I love that!

Welcome to the forums! I am new here as well
Old 07-22-2009, 10:19 PM
08droptop
2nd Gear Member

welcome
Old 07-22-2009, 10:47 PM
THEBLACKSTANG
4th Gear Member

Welcome! Its great that you do so much work yourself! I wish I had the tools and skills to do what you do...
Old 07-23-2009, 01:31 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

welcome to the forum and love redfire
Old 07-23-2009, 05:38 AM
Burrosito
2nd Gear Member

Thanks guys for the welcome!
Old 07-23-2009, 07:16 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

welcome
Old 07-23-2009, 09:11 PM
GTpony08
1st Gear Member

Welcome to the forum! I think when you do the work yourself or with the help of friends you appreciate your car more!
Old 07-23-2009, 09:20 PM
Vectorpat
2nd Gear Member

Welcome aboard. Love to hear when guys do their own work. Thats half the fun of owning one of these cars. Come on over to Lakeland saturday there will be a bunch of us at Hooters.

Quick Reply: Mustang Owner from Orlando, Florida