New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hey im completely new!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 09:45 PM
Nazzy03

Default Hey im completely new!

Hey everyone Im new to the Mustang world, Im a soon to be a proud owner of a Mustang. Always wanted one my whole life and up until now I can afford to get one!

However, the problem is I've been reading on forums everywhere that its a poser thing to get a V6 Mustang, because as most people state its not a V8 so its not a real car...

As sad as it is, its really discouraging me from getting the V6 Mustang, but at the same time its all I can afford and I just want to own one! The 2010 really caught my eye, so going older is not an option for me lol.

If I could I would totally buy the V8 GT(in any year) but I simply cant! So my question to you guys is should I still go for it?

P.S. the car is black v6 pony package! Coming on Monday, I literally can't sleep! Im jumping into that from an 07 Hyundai Tiburon, luckly the guys at Ford were great and took my negative equity and let me do the trade in!

Last edited by Nazzy03; 08-22-2009 at 09:53 PM.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:46 PM
ChalknCover
Sgt. Killjoy

Dude, if you listen to everything everybody says on here and other boards you will be confused, lost, and unhappy for the rest of your life. A V6 is the perfect place to start, esp. if that is all you can afford at this time. Most people discourage a v6 because in the end you will become addicted and will wish you had of just gotten a V8 or will want a V8. Plus the fact that it is 2010 will have enough people drooling anyway. Go for it. Just have fun with the 6 shooter, then when the time is right and the money is there, pick up a GT. Oh and welcome to MF!

Edit, as to the poser thing, just don't go around thinking you are going to take down a V8 or even some modded rice. And make sure to get pics once you take delivery, we all will want to see it.
Old 08-22-2009, 11:07 PM
Nazzy03

Ya, you're totally right, and ya I dont think, infact I know I wont beat any V8 or modded ricers and thats not why I want it, I just want a Stang and I can finally get one. For the first time ever I can get a car that I drool over!
I'll do little things to the car as time goes on, I really want to make it dual exhaust and get the white racing stripe, but no way in hell am I adding Cobra or GT decals to the car... As the finance manager said, Fobra!
I guess in the end I just want to know that even though its a V6 I wont be dissapointed and its still a great ride!

I will totally upload some pics come Monday, I cant wait, I cant sleep, eat or think about anything but that car!

Thanks for the welcoming!
Old 08-22-2009, 11:17 PM
AtlanticBlue_98GT
2nd Gear Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Nazzy03
Hey everyone Im new to the Mustang world, Im a soon to be a proud owner of a Mustang. Always wanted one my whole life and up until now I can afford to get one!

However, the problem is I've been reading on forums everywhere that its a poser thing to get a V6 Mustang, because as most people state its not a V8 so its not a real car...

As sad as it is, its really discouraging me from getting the V6 Mustang, but at the same time its all I can afford and I just want to own one! The 2010 really caught my eye, so going older is not an option for me lol.

If I could I would totally buy the V8 GT(in any year) but I simply cant! So my question to you guys is should I still go for it?

P.S. the car is black v6 pony package! Coming on Monday, I literally can't sleep! Im jumping into that from an 07 Hyundai Tiburon, luckly the guys at Ford were great and took my negative equity and let me do the trade in!
If you want a mustang, take it! The 2010 is defiantly an awesome car!
Old 08-22-2009, 11:27 PM
Nazzy03

Thanks! Its the perfect deal for me right now especially since I can get rid of the Tibby... Everything seems perfect which usually isnt the case for me with cars(hence owning a Tib lol).

Get this! My roomate says any Mustang is a chick sports car... The guy who drives a Kia Rio
Old 08-22-2009, 11:41 PM
Nazzy03

Oh and another noob question! Can I consider my V6 a muscle car?
Old 08-23-2009, 12:00 AM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Originally Posted by Nazzy03
I know I wont beat any V8 or modded ricers and thats not why I want it, I just want a Stang and I can finally get one. For the first time ever I can get a car that I drool over!
I think the above statement is all that matters. Don't buy a V8 because someone said to, buy the V6 because YOU want it.

Oh and about your friend saying any Mustang is chick car...

Most people will tell you that a Mustang is a chick car if: it's an automatic, V6 and or a convertible. So unfortunately you fall in 2 of those categories lol

Tough to say if you can consider a V6 Mustang a muscle car.
Old 08-23-2009, 12:12 AM
Nazzy03

Well mine is a coupe and manual so only the V6 lol!
Old 08-23-2009, 08:09 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

welcome
Old 08-23-2009, 01:24 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Welcome to Mustangforums!

Quick Reply: Hey im completely new!