I was going to get a 08 GT500 until I saw this... - Page 5 - MustangForums.com

Go Back  MustangForums.com > General Mustang Forums > New Member Area
Reload this Page >

I was going to get a 08 GT500 until I saw this...

Notices
New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

I was going to get a 08 GT500 until I saw this...

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 11:54 PM
Vectorpat
2nd Gear Member

I have a 350z in my garage also. Its my GFs and thats what it is, its a chicks car. It is fun to drive I will give it that and it does have a very tight feel to it. However the interior sucks. The leather is already showing wear and the paint coating and some of the interior parts is coming off. Its an 06 like my GT and its looks like its atleast 5 yrs older. My interior looks almost like new.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:56 PM
TheMustang
2nd Gear Member

Why would a nissan nutswinger come into a forum full of mustang nutswingers?
Old 08-29-2009, 12:51 AM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TheMustang View Post
Why would a nissan nutswinger come into a forum full of mustang nutswingers?
Its what trolls do, my friend. Stir up ****.
Old 08-29-2009, 03:30 AM
LS WHAT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Vectorpat View Post
I have a 350z in my garage also. Its my GFs and thats what it is, its a chicks car. It is fun to drive I will give it that and it does have a very tight feel to it. However the interior sucks. The leather is already showing wear and the paint coating and some of the interior parts is coming off. Its an 06 like my GT and its looks like its atleast 5 yrs older. My interior looks almost like new.
why is it a chicks car? I've heard ppl say a mustang is a chicks car. It's a anyone who can afford it car! I like the 350/370Z's and if I didn't have a stang I would own one.
Old 08-29-2009, 03:42 AM
LS WHAT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Red Turbo Integra View Post
Zs suck, and I have one out in my driveway. Nothing you do to the car is cheap, and nothing really makes power. It's funny listening to the Nissan guys, they put on intakes and exhuasts for the sound. Sorry, I'm not dumping 1500 bucks for an intake and exhaust for the sound and 3 whp. Fuxk that. Sweet car if you don't plan on doing anything to it or auto crossing, but other than that....
I agree except for the Z's sucks part, they're pretty much hp maxed at the factory. I love the factory exhaust note, IMO you can't get a V6 to sound much better, if a V6 stang sounded like that from the factory I would probably have bought it.

not really but, the main reason I bought my stang is the exhaust note. always love the sound since the 5.0's
Old 08-29-2009, 08:53 AM
ChalknCover
Sgt. Killjoy

Originally Posted by 370overall View Post
Well for this year I can see that american cars are getting better because they h ave no choice. If they were so good all of the companies (accept ford) wouldnt have been close to going out.

And corvettes never brake down because how many people put 70000 miles on a corvette?
Geez, I hate killing the newbs, but get your facts straight before you just start shooting off at the mouth. GM and Chrysler had the trouble they did, not because of quality, but because of the cars they were building. Americans, for years, demanded bigger and better and they delivered. Hummer, Escalade, Suburban, Tahoe, Navigator, and lets not forget the pickups, the 5.4L Chargers, the list goes on. Well, the problem with bigger is bigger price tag, bigger fuel bill, bigger loan. When fuel prices skyrocketed all the companies starting shifting focus, the Hybrid Tahoe is a good example. Well Honda and Toyota already had the small, gas efficient cars in stock because that is what poor folks like to drive. Why would I go buy a civic for 15k when I can have a Mustang GT for 25? Then, right after that the recession hit and people stopped buying altogether. So, you already have 3-4 months of slumping sales due to gas prices and a looming recession, then in Oct-Nov you have a stock market crash and people watched their portfolios be cut in half. So, naturally, instead of going out and buying a new car, suddenly the one in the driveway is doing just fine, or maybe in a panic, they sell it and buy a beater to get the extra cash. Our local ford dealer was selling 300 cars/month before all this started. That december, they sold 20. You can't survive with those types of sales figures. So, when dealers aren't selling, they aren't buying either, which puts a pinch on the already suffering car manufacturers. Honda, Toyota, and Nissan, did alright because of international market penetration. But their sales were down too, at one point, Toyota was falling faster than Ford IIRC. So it just wasn't the big three that got hurt, it was everybody dumbass, just they took the brunt of it.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:17 AM
Vectorpat
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by LS WHAT View Post
why is it a chicks car? I've heard ppl say a mustang is a chicks car. It's a anyone who can afford it car! I like the 350/370Z's and if I didn't have a stang I would own one.
Maybe I should have mentioned it is a convertible. You just dont see many guys driving around in a convertible Z atleast around this area. She originally was going to buy a mustang until she saw and drove the Z. She liked it because she felt it was more her style of car, even she says its a chick car. She previously had a 98 mustang v6 with 125k miles on it and never did anything to it. They are still two completely different cars. I dont know why everyone is trying to say which one is better.
Old 08-29-2009, 01:44 PM
THEBLACKSTANG
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BlueBloodedPony View Post
Geez, I hate killing the newbs, but get your facts straight before you just start shooting off at the mouth. GM and Chrysler had the trouble they did, not because of quality, but because of the cars they were building. Americans, for years, demanded bigger and better and they delivered. Hummer, Escalade, Suburban, Tahoe, Navigator, and lets not forget the pickups, the 5.4L Chargers, the list goes on. Well, the problem with bigger is bigger price tag, bigger fuel bill, bigger loan. When fuel prices skyrocketed all the companies starting shifting focus, the Hybrid Tahoe is a good example. Well Honda and Toyota already had the small, gas efficient cars in stock because that is what poor folks like to drive. Why would I go buy a civic for 15k when I can have a Mustang GT for 25? Then, right after that the recession hit and people stopped buying altogether. So, you already have 3-4 months of slumping sales due to gas prices and a looming recession, then in Oct-Nov you have a stock market crash and people watched their portfolios be cut in half. So, naturally, instead of going out and buying a new car, suddenly the one in the driveway is doing just fine, or maybe in a panic, they sell it and buy a beater to get the extra cash. Our local ford dealer was selling 300 cars/month before all this started. That december, they sold 20. You can't survive with those types of sales figures. So, when dealers aren't selling, they aren't buying either, which puts a pinch on the already suffering car manufacturers. Honda, Toyota, and Nissan, did alright because of international market penetration. But their sales were down too, at one point, Toyota was falling faster than Ford IIRC. So it just wasn't the big three that got hurt, it was everybody dumbass, just they took the brunt of it.
Exactly! Finally someone that gets it. Even toyota was loosing money at one point because of how bad the new market was. They were doing better because of how fuel efficient there cars were but at some point people just stopped buying new cars.
Old 08-29-2009, 03:59 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

For the sake of preventing a debate that is a mute point from continuing.....I am locking this thread. Its the new member welcome area and this debate can be carried out anyway you guys want in the OT section. I dont like to think the OP is a troll stirring the stink box but this gets shutdown anyway.

Again like anyone that knows me- dont start any retaliatory thread about this in any section except for OT. PM me for comments, questions, or concerns, and everyone please cont to enjoy the forum!