New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

funny story about how I got hooked

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 06:00 AM
Mr. Meany
1st Gear Member

Default funny story about how I got hooked

With an 18 month old old boy and being bored with my previous car (Jag X-Type) that was a hand me down from my wife, I decided I needed more power. I missed by Boxster S bad, but needed a back seat. So

I researched and tested many performance cars over the last two months with a max budget in the 50-60k range - drove M3 (coupe and vert), S4, V60R, CTS-V, 350Z, 300C Charger R/T - and had pretty much settled on the CTS-V. Drove it four times. Great car. But a footbrake with a 6 speed? Weird.

I had been looking for the new Stang GT but found none anywhere nearby. I loved the S197 when it was first announced, but started getting lukewarm on it as time went on. Not sure why....maybe 'cuz I never got to drive it ! I guess I decided that I was not willing to wait for a GT test drive before I had to buy something....

On the way to the Cadillac dealer for the 10th time to finally do the paperwork and take home the only car that I really enjoyed driving, I saw what looked like a Shelby GT 500 in front of the Ford dealer next door. My heart almost stopped. I almost got rear ended as I pulled over to take a look. Well, of course it was not a Shelby but a red V6 all dressed up with white stripes. The salesman saw me and I told him he faked me out. Well he tells me they just got some Roushes in.

I honestly never heard of Roush, but when I saw a Stage 1 convertible it next to the dressed up V6s, I felt a strong pull in my heart. The test drive was great - got a good chirp out of 2nd and realized this was it. The sound was as addictive as my Boxster S was. Handling is not the same (nothing can compare to the Boxtser S handling IMO) but fine...actually it's exciting. . The look of the Stage 1 package though, oh man..I felt like a little kid again!!

I was literally 20 yards from doing the deal on the CTS-V. I had been looking, researching, testing, driving everyone around me just crazy for months. And then, out of nowhere I was hooked on the Roush!

A month later, no regrets! I was a bit concerned about a 2 door and havign a son in the back every day. Getting my son out of the backseat is no problem actually, with the top up or down, and dropping him in when the top is down is fun for both of us.

Oh yeah, he loves it too. When I start the car up, or rev the motor at all, he says "Wohhhh!". How cool is that?

Old 07-09-2005, 10:39 AM
badtzmaru
4th Gear Member

Default RE: funny story about how I got hooked

Congratulations! enjoy your new toy and lets see pics of your stang.
Old 07-09-2005, 03:15 PM
dc_mann8
5th Gear Member

i agree show some pics
Old 07-09-2005, 05:37 PM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

Congrats. But, [sm=ttiwwp.gif] Welcome to the forums. Have fun!
Old 07-10-2005, 05:22 AM
oneshot
2nd Gear Member

welcome to the forums