New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

NOOB to Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 06:03 PM
itsokimapilot
1st Gear Member

Default NOOB to Mustang

Hi all. I finally have my first sports car on the way and it's a Mustang! It only took me 34 years to get a muscle car. I have a 2010 GT w/3.73, premium trim, 19" wheels, Shaker 1000, HID headlights, Security, Comfort, 401A(Blue Stripe), Acc pkg 1, in Grabber Blue on order. Hope to get her by the end of November. Hope you guys can get me smart on the ways of the Mustang.
Old 10-18-2009, 06:47 PM
Dreamer1
2nd Gear Member

Very cool... Getting my first Mustang as well. Waiting till the end of the year to try and hold there feet to the fire best I can...

So did you have to put money down for the order?? How did it work? Fleet guy at the dealership I went too, said he didnt need a deposit.. Now I'm just wondering how long it will take to get the car in. I want to try and get it in before the end of the year to be able to put the sale on this years tax return.. This and the fact I live in Calif. The sales tax is supposed to be going up, want to get in under the wire on that as well...

Congrates and welcome to the board. Post some pictures when you get it in...

Dreamer1

It all starts but with one step!
Old 10-18-2009, 06:51 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Welcome and congrats!
Old 10-18-2009, 07:18 PM
whtnblk.GT
3rd Gear Member

Talking Post!!

post pictures when you have them!
Old 10-18-2009, 07:39 PM
itsokimapilot
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dreamer1
Very cool... Getting my first Mustang as well. Waiting till the end of the year to try and hold there feet to the fire best I can...

So did you have to put money down for the order?? How did it work? Fleet guy at the dealership I went too, said he didnt need a deposit.. Now I'm just wondering how long it will take to get the car in. I want to try and get it in before the end of the year to be able to put the sale on this years tax return.. This and the fact I live in Calif. The sales tax is supposed to be going up, want to get in under the wire on that as well...

Congrates and welcome to the board. Post some pictures when you get it in...

Dreamer1

It all starts but with one step!
Dreamer, it went pretty smooth. I wasn't sure what I wanted, I test drove a Mustang and a Camaro SS. I liked the Camaro but I just wasn't feeling it, the back seat is way too small for kids (I have 2) and the Chevy guys don't want to sell their cars (they wanted MSRP or Higher). They made it an easy decision for the Mustang. I got pricing info through USAA. I was able to get them down 5000 off MSRP and nearly 1000 below invoice. I don't know if others got better deals out there but it was a good deal for me. It only took me about an hour to negotiate and order the car. They wanted 10 percent down but settled for 1000 bucks which I put on a credit card until the car arrives and it will be refunded once I take delivery. I will definately post pictures as soon as I get them.
Old 10-18-2009, 07:47 PM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Welcome to the forum! Congrats on your purchase, sounds like you are going to be more than happy with your purchase.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:22 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

welcome!
Old 10-19-2009, 08:02 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

welcome & congrats!
Old 10-19-2009, 09:59 AM
Dreamer1
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by itsokimapilot
Dreamer, it went pretty smooth. I wasn't sure what I wanted, I test drove a Mustang and a Camaro SS. I liked the Camaro but I just wasn't feeling it, the back seat is way too small for kids (I have 2) and the Chevy guys don't want to sell their cars (they wanted MSRP or Higher). They made it an easy decision for the Mustang. I got pricing info through USAA. I was able to get them down 5000 off MSRP and nearly 1000 below invoice. I don't know if others got better deals out there but it was a good deal for me. It only took me about an hour to negotiate and order the car. They wanted 10 percent down but settled for 1000 bucks which I put on a credit card until the car arrives and it will be refunded once I take delivery. I will definately post pictures as soon as I get them.

LOL thats funny same thing for me as far as the Chevy dealer and there Camaro.. Went in hoping to take a test drive and check it out.. First thing they told me, is I couldn't test drive it. Without running my credit and making sure I was committed to buying.. Screw that if I'm going to spend 30 thousand plus of my hard earned money. You know dam well I'm going to want to touch feal and smell what I'm buying...

That.. then the sales guy started working the four square sales pitch on me.. I hate that sh*t. Hell I used to work at a dealership. I've seen it all when it comes to the sales pitch.. I just let him go through the motions. Shook his hand and walked out...

My impressions of the Camero.. It's a nice looking car but it's too big.. Like a friggen tank. Try parking it or trying to keep it from getting door dinged.. Thing is just too big.. That and I really wasn't impressed with the interior.. Not sure if it's my childhood imprints that have me chasing a mustang or what, but I'm definitely more attracted to the pony then any other muscle car I've looked at..

Thanks for the reply and again welcome to the forums..

Yours through the screen

Dreamer1
Old 10-19-2009, 10:11 AM
1ATony
Former Sponsor

Welcome to MF

Quick Reply: NOOB to Mustang