New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

GA Peach Saying Hey

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2005, 05:21 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Default RE: GA Peach Saying Hey

Welcome to the forums! Your mom seems pretty cool and this forum has been one of the most personable/helpful ones I've signed on to. I'm not sure how much of a difference the 96-98 vs 99-04 insurance differences would be but it might be worth looking into. 99-04 did have fewer problems and more powerful engines stock for stock.

Whatever decision you make it will be what's works for you! Good luck on your search.
Old 07-24-2005, 12:32 AM
Crystal
2nd Gear Member

What does color have to do with the insurance rates? I am curious because when I get my insurance quotes, I will ask them about it. In the past, all our cars/trucks have been red.

I have heard that red draws the cops though. If that is true, then why hasn't my mother EVER gotten a ticket. She always drives over the speed limit hence the name "Leadfoot".

Thanks for saying my mom is cool. She's going through her second childhood since she got her stang. [sm=gears.gif]
Old 07-24-2005, 12:54 AM
xRockThePonyx
6th Gear Member

^hahaha. [sm=bustedsign.gif]

I'm not really sure why red costs more... I think it's kinda stupid, but I don't make the laws. [&:]

Hopefully you find an awesome stang soon!
Old 07-24-2005, 12:12 PM
Hidalgo
2nd Gear Member

Welcome Crystal ... Good Luck with your search ... Hope you find the right Pony ...
Old 07-24-2005, 05:15 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Color matters? I don't think so. My wife is partial to red, it's all she's owned. That has NEVER come up. As far as it goes for drawing cops..I think the car flying past people on the freeway will do that regardless of the color I'm partial to silver myself.

Grades will make a HUGE difference, ABS - depends on the insurance company. My wifes 06 Escape is 4wd ABS and they didn't give her a discount because it's standard on so many cars now. THere's a small premium break at 21 then a huge drop at 25. 16 Sucks the worst, 17-20 is still a jaw buster. (We just got quotes for my soon to be 15yr old daughter so I got a crash course all over again in insurance quoting)

My wife has never gotten a ticket either...she's gotten pulled over twice though in the last two years for speeding. Got off both times...[>:] Good luck with your search
Old 07-24-2005, 11:16 PM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

Welcome to the forums. Have fun!
Old 07-25-2005, 04:23 AM
doobs
4th Gear Member

Good luck finding a v6 for yourself
Old 07-27-2005, 03:35 AM
jowen
2nd Gear Member

Welcome to the site!!!!!!
Old 07-27-2005, 10:46 AM
Vert_Lover
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Derf00

Color matters? I don't think so. My wife is partial to red, it's all she's owned. That has NEVER come up. As far as it goes for drawing cops..I think the car flying past people on the freeway will do that regardless of the color I'm partial to silver myself.

Grades will make a HUGE difference, ABS - depends on the insurance company. My wifes 06 Escape is 4wd ABS and they didn't give her a discount because it's standard on so many cars now. THere's a small premium break at 21 then a huge drop at 25. 16 Sucks the worst, 17-20 is still a jaw buster. (We just got quotes for my soon to be 15yr old daughter so I got a crash course all over again in insurance quoting)

My wife has never gotten a ticket either...she's gotten pulled over twice though in the last two years for speeding. Got off both times...[>:] Good luck with your search

Color definitely matters, why do you think one of the questions they ask you right after what year, make and model the car is is what color is the car?

Lets think about this a moment... bright cars attract cops, the more attention a car gets the more likely a car is to get a ticket. Now if I'm studying statistics (which is all insurance companies do!) I'm going to see a very high correlation between the color of the car and the number of tickets (brighter cars get more tickets!). Any reason they can raise the rates, they will!

Oh yeah... welcome to the site... I'm sure the guys will help you learn about what's under the hood... and those other things
Old 07-28-2005, 07:24 PM
FordyH

Hey Crystal, one newbie to another... I've been checking out Autotrader.com, Cars.com, Automart.com and sometimes Ebaymtors for fun.
Hope this helps your searching.

FordyH

Quick Reply: GA Peach Saying Hey