New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hello! 2011 Mustang V6 Pony Package

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 02:54 PM
coolasice

Default Hello! 2011 Mustang V6 Pony Package

Hey all, just wanted to drop in and say HI!

I am a brand new mustang owner! And new for Ford as well!

My first car was an Honda Accord, then i moved onto a Toyota Celica...yes, so i started out as a ricer...hey i'm asian, so it's hard to resist peer pressure

Then I discovered my love for MUSCLE cars!! My next car was a Dodge Charger R/T Daytona edition. Please don't hate me, i dunno if there's any grudges against Dodge owners here. I had originally wanted a mustang but at the time i had fallen in love with the Hemi engine and need to have a 4 door. The Charger was on lease, and it was quickly running out! I had no desire for any car on the market at the time, as i knew i would have to cut my budget for my next car...enter the all new 2011 Mustang!! brand new engine! Sheer numbers alone couldn't be beat! Price, power, everything was exact hit for me! so i had to get it!

My previous car:

The current whip:

It's been about a month, and i am totally impressed with everything the mustang has to offer! The build quality is outstanding! it definetly beats out the Dodge and i'd even say the interior is nicer than my Toyota Celica. All the bells and whistles ford added show they they actually care about what customers want! ambient lighting, blind spot mirriors, no cap gas tank filler, etc...all these little things add up into one amazing car! The car is just being broken in now, so i'm loving the power band, and it's absolutley amazing to be driving stick again (damn dodge dosen't even offer standard transmission on charger).

Just thought i'd share my excitement in being a new owner, and hopefully i can make some of you remember when you first got your cars as well. I hope that i can contribute something to the online community here as i am sure i will learn lots from it.

thanks!
Old 10-10-2010, 03:52 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Congrats and welcome!
Old 10-10-2010, 04:06 PM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

Great car, I have a V6 too! Have you considered any mod's yet?
Old 10-10-2010, 04:35 PM
D'prived
4th Gear Member

Congrats! Welcome to MF!
Old 10-10-2010, 04:44 PM
sonicx
speed'n

Congrads & weclome. No grudge's against Charger R/T Daytona edition but those cars standout like a sore thumb. I know of an old saying, "those that standout get hammered" lol. Couldn't imagine driving one just because cops would be eyeing ya as well as you'd get those punks with their piece of crap car revving at something like that. Mustangs are definately more classy as well as better preformance all the while flying low under the radar.
Old 10-10-2010, 05:26 PM
coolasice

Originally Posted by theACE
Great car, I have a V6 too! Have you considered any mod's yet?
on the list so far are:
Tint - just a light tint to save the wear and tear from sun damage to interior
Wheels - i don't mind the stocks...but something tells me if i could get black or gunmetal rims it'd just add to the apperance
Shiny ball shifter - like the one in the new ads for the mustang...i totally thought i was getting one cause i got the upgrades but apparently it only came with a standard shift **** with a little silver insert. I've seen on the forums that you need to order it from ford and you also need to replace the stock boot for it to fit

i'm sure the list will grow and grow!
Old 10-10-2010, 05:32 PM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

Yea I think black rims would help the appearence also, but your car is already beautiful. Have you thought about any stripes or maybe a GT500 rear spoiler and diffuser?
Old 10-10-2010, 05:33 PM
coolasice

Originally Posted by sonicx
Congrads & weclome. No grudge's against Charger R/T Daytona edition but those cars standout like a sore thumb. I know of an old saying, "those that standout get hammered" lol. Couldn't imagine driving one just because cops would be eyeing ya as well as you'd get those punks with their piece of crap car revving at something like that. Mustangs are definately more classy as well as better preformance all the while flying low under the radar.
yeah, i was worried about that...but my area/town is pretty much a ricer area, so any muscle usually get's respect here. Most of the cops and boarder guys would tell me nice car, i think i only got one ticket in that car. As far as ppl racing...i think everybody didn't know what the hell it was. Like i said, its a ricer area here so i guess everybody was scared it'd blow the doors off them or something...truth be told that thing weighted a TON and it don't think it woulda won many stop light races, the hemi would really sing when the car was rolling, but from stand still it was quite slow. I'm pretty sure this new V6 is probably faster off the line.

i acutally don't see a ton of mustangs over here, so the car still has some head turning ability...i love the dark silver...but some days i wish i got that grabber blue or something for that old muscle car spice

thanks for the warm welcome guys!
Old 10-10-2010, 05:38 PM
coolasice

Originally Posted by theACE
Yea I think black rims would help the appearence also, but your car is already beautiful. Have you thought about any stripes or maybe a GT500 rear spoiler and diffuser?
thanks! yeah, i was asking about about those double strips like the GT500s have, like a flat black or something like that...but i think it's quite costs for just stickers $800-900 here i think, but that was pricing from my dealership...perhaps going else where might be cheaper?

yeah, i don't mind the trunk lip spoiler, but would liked a pedestal tyle spoiler...anybody know how the lip spoiler is attached? can it be removed with out leaving holes? i'll have to look up what exactly the GT500 difference is...i was too busy looking at the rims and engines i forgot about the other stuff
Old 10-10-2010, 06:25 PM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

Here is the GT500 spoiler - http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...e-Rear-Spoiler
I have heard that removing the stock spoiler and putting this spoiler on will not leave holes.

These scoops on your side quarter windows would look pretty slick too.
http://www.cjponyparts.com/cervini-q...011/p/CER4387/

If you got these wheels and painted them black, they would finish the car off.
http://www.cjponyparts.com/wheel-18x...5-2009/p/W412/

Other parts you could look into are -

http://northamericantuning.com/catal...66k9g3kgje7a56

http://northamericantuning.com/catal...oducts_id/1209

http://northamericantuning.com/catal...66k9g3kgje7a56

http://northamericantuning.com/catal...0i3slt2te5s706

http://northamericantuning.com/catal...0i3slt2te5s706

Last edited by theACE; 10-10-2010 at 06:39 PM.

Quick Reply: Hello! 2011 Mustang V6 Pony Package