New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New V6 Premium Noob in WI

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 08:22 PM
ibihab
1st Gear Member

It has the pony package on it. That gives it the 18" wheels, stripe, painted mirrors and spoiler. I don't recall anything special about the exhaust on the sheet.

I have to say, it sounds incredible. I've been a V8 fan for as long as I can remember. I've always disliked duals on V6's as they usually sound just crappy. My 99 Ranger could use duals but I just couldn't find one that sounded right. This car however sounds V8 like. Not exact but V8 like. Shifting from 1st at about 3500 RPM burbles nicely.

I'll see what I can do for a video.

Stripes. Yes, I'm thinking of something different. The stock is nice but the "Mustang" on the door ruins it for me. I might remove it and replace it with a solid set. I'm torn on the GT 500 type as this car has the glass roof and it would lose the effect.

Does yours have the Mustang Club of America package? I love the look. If I had to order a new one, I would go for that package!!
Old 11-14-2010, 08:39 PM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

No, my V6 is just a plain premium V6 with leather interior. I had them add extras to it though

And, you have the glass roof? drool.... What is the glass roof like? Do you like it?
Old 11-14-2010, 08:46 PM
ibihab
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by theACE
No, my V6 is just a plain premium V6 with leather interior. I had them add extras to it though

And, you have the glass roof? drool.... What is the glass roof like? Do you like it?
It is really cool. The glass roof is the biggest surprise of the whole car as I had looked at a few at the dealerships on Sundays and didn't think much of it. It is very much cooler in person. By that, I mean sitting in the car!

Really, your's is a base "premium" I love the grill and wheels. Are they 17" or 18"?
Old 11-14-2010, 08:47 PM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

Hmm, I just looked up on Ford website and it says that you get unique chrome exhaust tips when you purchase the V6 Pony package, this explains it...
Old 11-14-2010, 08:47 PM
2005SaleenS281SC #671

love the grabber blue! Always nice to see another WI stang owner!!!
Old 11-14-2010, 09:00 PM
ibihab
1st Gear Member

@saleen2005 Beautiful color and car. Nice to hear from another WI owner too. My brother need to get on here too. He has a 1970 Mach 1 and would love to hear from others.

The Grabber Blue is what sold me. I just fell in love. Luckily this was an "Internet" sale so they couldn't see the dumb grin on my face when I looked at the car. I pride myself as a bood buyer and have "quarterbacked" a few sales in my day. This car may have been different.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:06 PM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

Any stripes planned?
Old 11-14-2010, 09:14 PM
ibihab
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by theACE
Any stripes planned?
None yet. I may remove the stock one. It may come back as a 3" solid with 1/4" top stripe. The over-the-top ones may not work for me with the glass top. We'll see!
Old 11-14-2010, 09:36 PM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

Oh my bad, you already answered my question before when I first asked it apparently. This is what happens when you have like 38 tabs open on the internet and are doing a million things outside of your computer at the same time. LOL my bad. And I think over the top stripes only look good with the glass roof top, cus seeing two lines on the roof just looks wierd to me.

I think the stripes I got on my car would look great on your Grabber blue, imo.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:00 AM
Bladerunner
2nd Gear Member

Welcome to the board
Beautiful Ford Mustang you got congrats!

Quick Reply: New V6 Premium Noob in WI