New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Newbie from the UK (image heavy!)

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 01:07 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Other than the wing I think it looks pretty awesome. Definitely something you don't see everyday
Old 04-08-2011, 01:23 PM
BadhandUK

Originally Posted by MeanStang08
welcome to MFs... lovin the pics my friend.. she looks sharp.. quick question - the orange marker above the GT emblem on the front 1/4 panel - is that just reflective or does it light up? is that a UK thing? or required by law? ... edit - i see that its no longer there now..

p.s. - lovin the avatar shocker.. lol
Thanks!

Yeah the orange 'marker' is a UK legal requirement - an indicator or repeater which has to flash with the front and rear turn signals. Every American car imported into the UK has to have this annoying conversion done before its road legal. But I haven't removed them now, just hidden them behind the vents in the side panels:

And should probably change the shocker to feature a British flag!
Old 04-08-2011, 01:31 PM
BadhandUK

Originally Posted by Alec
Other than the wing I think it looks pretty awesome. Definitely something you don't see everyday
Knew that would be a love it or hate it thing. I love it tho!
Old 04-08-2011, 01:47 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BadhandUK
Knew that would be a love it or hate it thing. I love it tho!
Yeah I generally have more conservative tastes so it's too much for me but if you like it that's all that matters!
Old 04-08-2011, 01:49 PM
MeanStang08
ChopShop Mod-tator

Thanks!

Yeah the orange 'marker' is a UK legal requirement - an indicator or repeater which has to flash with the front and rear turn signals. Every American car imported into the UK has to have this annoying conversion done before its road legal. But I haven't removed them now, just hidden them behind the vents in the side panels:
And should probably change the shocker to feature a British flag!
thanks for the info, i wasn't aware of that, today is done.. i have learned something new! awe dude.. that is sick with them hidden like that.. sweet move..

and the wing.. i agree with you.. its not something i'd do with my car.. but i won't be a hater if you do it to yours.. i mean.. you're not scabbing it together with a crapy paint job or body mods or sponsor stickers either.. yours is SUPER clean.. 5*

and +1 for the union jack shocker chg.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:59 PM
BadhandUK

Originally Posted by MeanStang08
thanks for the info, i wasn't aware of that, today is done.. i have learned something new! awe dude.. that is sick with them hidden like that.. sweet move..

and the wing.. i agree with you.. its not something i'd do with my car.. but i won't be a hater if you do it to yours.. i mean.. you're not scabbing it together with a crapy paint job or body mods or sponsor stickers either.. yours is SUPER clean.. 5*
There's other stuff we have to change too like the rear lights. The Three reds so characteristic of the Mustang can't be used as turn signals as only Brake lights are allowed to be red. Turn signals or us lot call them, indicators, have to be orange. There are a number of aftermarket conversions but all bloody ugly and lose the three reds look.

A buddy of mine has developed a conversion where he swaps bulbs and wiring and cuts in orange panels to make 'em legal. See pic. Then we have to **** about with reverse lights and fog light legalities too, all of which, unless you get someone who absolutely knows what they're doing, causes nightmares with the SJB. Its a common occurrence for badly converted UK Mustangs to start developing ridiculous habits even years after the work has been done. Everything from unexpected stalling to fogs coming on instead of turn signals, windows opening 'magically' and all kinds of other irritating radio stuff. Mine used to die on highways. 80/90 mph at night and suddenly total power loss - no brakes, power steering and no lights. Hilarious!

Oh and I intend to 'scab it' with sponsor stickers real soon!
Old 04-08-2011, 04:22 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

what ever floats your boat bro it's not my taste but like Alec said you like it and that's all what matters.... welcome.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:52 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

What pert of Blighty?
Old 04-08-2011, 05:36 PM
BadhandUK

Originally Posted by lizzyfan
What pert of Blighty?
Surrey, 50 miles south of London.

Lizzy huh? First band I saw live. While Phil was still with us...
Old 04-09-2011, 08:29 AM
MeanStang08
ChopShop Mod-tator

Oh and I intend to 'scab it' with sponsor stickers real soon!
are they legit sponsors ?

Quick Reply: Newbie from the UK (image heavy!)