New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New Member: Detroit Suburbs

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 08:45 AM
Dropspeed

Default New Member: Detroit Suburbs

Hello All,

New Member from the suburbs of Detroit MI. Long time Mustang fan, soon to be first time (ok second time) Mustang buyer.

After a long search, looking at everything from C5/C6 Z06, Porsche 911, Lotus Elise, BMW E46M3........etc. I have decided a 2012 Mustang GT w/Brembos will be ordered this summer. This will be a 3rd car (toy) that will be modified and will see street use, drag strip and road course time....The 2011+ GT fits the bill at a reasonable price.

Some of my previous cars over the last two decades have included: Firebird GTA, Firbird Formula 350, Two 80s Regals Three Acura Integra Type R, SRT4, couple different Audis, 1.8T, 2.7TT, Porsche 911, All Lifted: 4Runner, ZR2, Blazer, Sportrac, Explorer.....and the last two projects have been a Road race prepped 500hp Evo VIII (11.3 @ 122 & holds a NASA TTS track record at Grattan Raceway, (roadcourse in MI) and a 360+ HP Mazda CX-7 (Yes a 2.4L Turbo AWD Crossover that ran 13.7s, 2.0 60fts and low 5 0-60s) I use to beat up on many unsuspecting drivers from a dig with a 17psi launch in the CX-7. ALL of my cars get modded and I do ALL of the work on the cars (engine, trans, suspension...everything except the tuning)

I got turned onto the Mustang again after my mom and I picked up a modded 2000 GT Vert for my dads birthday this past fall. I can't believe how cheap the parts are for this car. (relatively speaking compared to what I have modded before).

I have a (expired ) NASA comp license and voluntary as High Performance Driving Instructor for the last 13+ years at tracks throughout the Midwest with different organizations at Mid-Ohio, Gingerman, Grattan, Waterford, MidAmerica, Beaverun...Etc). The car will most likely be prepped for some light duty road racing in 2012 in a NASA TT class.....

I think that is more than enough information for my intro,
Thanks,
Matt
Old 01-14-2011, 08:52 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:10 AM
Dropspeed

Pic of some the Mustang:

Pic of the Evo:

Pic of the CX-7:

Old 01-14-2011, 10:34 AM
Franchi
4th Gear Member

Welcome to the boards bud!

That is one clean looking New Edge! I like it!
Old 01-14-2011, 10:55 AM
Smike

Well, how about that. Hows it going Matt? Still have your Evo? You might have seen my old car in Woodward a few times. Sold it to Shanks.

Smike (aka SmikeEvo)
Old 01-14-2011, 11:35 AM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Welcome! That's quite a list of cars you've had there lol. What part of the burbs are you in?
Old 01-14-2011, 12:21 PM
Dropspeed

Thanks for the welcomes.

Originally Posted by mrtstang
Welcome! That's quite a list of cars you've had there lol. What part of the burbs are you in?
I left more than 1/2 out and didn't list the sport bikes. ..... I am in Royal Oak. Do you work for MRT?

Originally Posted by Smike
Well, how about that. Hows it going Matt? Still have your Evo? You might have seen my old car in Woodward a few times. Sold it to Shanks.

Smike (aka SmikeEvo)
Whats up? Yeah time for something different again! No, I sold the Evo in Oct of 09. I saw Shanks in your old car many times on Woodward right after he got it and we ran them a few times, ( I never saw taillights! )

-Matt
Old 01-14-2011, 12:25 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Welcome
Old 01-14-2011, 12:41 PM
Smike

Originally Posted by Dropspeed
Whats up? Yeah time for something different again! No, I sold the Evo in Oct of 09. I saw Shanks in your old car many times on Woodward right after he got it and we ran them a few times, ( I never saw taillights! )

-Matt
Ha, nice...well in my old form it only had ~340whp. He's gone to FP Black and motor now.

Ya, same here. Ordered/have a v6 Performance Package.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:22 PM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Welcome to MF!

Quick Reply: New Member: Detroit Suburbs