New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Greetings from Ohio!

Old 03-07-2011, 10:11 PM
Fridge56Vet
2nd Gear Member

Default Greetings from Ohio!

Tonight I became a Mustang owner for the first time. I traded in my 2006 Suzuki Katana 750 after nearly 4 years. The thing was a LOT of fun. Unfortunately, after the new work schedule went into effect last year I now would have to ride it through twisty back roads of the Appalachian foothills at 5:30am. Combine that with Ohio's autumn, winter and spring weather & it isn't surprising that I only rode her about 12-15 times last year. Therefore, I decided I needed to seek out another toy that would get better mileage than my daily drive. Fortunately, my daily drive is an F-150, so this meant I had broad pool to choose from.

I first saw my Vista Blue 2006 GT Coupe Deluxe last July shortly after it had arrived on the lot at the local Ford dealer. I had been considering an '86 Porsche 944 at another place that had sold 48 hours before my bonus check had come through, and decided to see what else was out there. The guy at the dealership checking it over wasn't sure exactly what they were asking but gave me an estimated range that was way out of my budget at the time.

Fast forward 6 months and I'm batting around ideas in my head of acquiring a 2012 Focus or Mustang V6 in the not-too-distant future. I'd already decided that the bike was on the block, though in no rush to run into something. I'd noticed that a particular blue beauty was still sitting around, adorned with traces of snow and just for fun decided to ask a few questions. My appetite was whetted when I discovered that they'd give me better than trade-in value for my bike. Things progressed over the next few weeks, and when the dealer came at me with a figure $1,500 below the top of my window my mind was made up. A few more weeks of due dilligence and here we are. Was bittersweet parting with the bike - rode the whole 15 miles in near tuck, in part for fun and part to minimize the effect of the 45 degree weather, but I've finally got the car I've longed for since the S197s first came out.

I'm told she was intended to be the original owner's show car, but hard times forced him to sell. The second owner's wife then made him chose between the car & the kid (Fortunately, my ladyfriend likes fast cars -& manual transmissions, to boot!). Had just under 34,900 miles once we hit the garage tonight. Previous mods include a fiberglass hood to save wt. & accommodate the Shaker, rear window louvers, aftermarket spoiler-thingie & a Jensen DVD/Audio system upgrade over the Shaker 500 audio system (w/woofer). Got some pics uploaded in my album here: https://mustangforums.com/forum/memb...s-mustang.html

I've been lurking the past few weeks but decided not to jinx things and register before I got the car. She needs new rubber on her stock 17s but definitely looking to further modify. My train of thought runs tuner, chin spoiler, adjustable rear wing, 18" rims (flavor of the month is the hypercoated GT4 rims from AM) w/good but not buku $$$ rubber, &, of course, the Brembo brake pkg. Then, of course, there's that little thing called the engine to mess with. I'll be asking for feedback on all these ideas in the appropriate tech forums, but feel free to provide your $0.02 as you like.

Well, off to bed for another 6am workday. May everyone have a g'night, & I'll see y'all around.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:01 AM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Welcome to MF! ... I like GT4's!!!
Old 03-08-2011, 06:51 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:47 AM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Welcome
Old 03-08-2011, 06:40 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Welcome to the board!
Old 03-09-2011, 09:52 AM
Larry Warcup
3rd Gear Member

Welcome Fridge56Vet to MF, from beautiful British Columbia, Canada!

Nice purchase of the '06 GT...pretty low mileage, too!
Very cool options added to that car...the 'shaker,' for sure

You're gonna like that car as your daily driver. Enjoy your stay here on MF

Larry
Old 03-09-2011, 10:03 AM
Fridge56Vet
2nd Gear Member

Talking

Originally Posted by Larry Warcup
Welcome Fridge56Vet to MF, from beautiful British Columbia, Canada!

Nice purchase of the '06 GT...pretty low mileage, too!
Very cool options added to that car...the 'shaker,' for sure

You're gonna like that car as your daily driver. Enjoy your stay here on MF

Larry
Thank you! I was wondering when I would hear from the Canadian Connection. It's working out well so far - last night was called in to help with an emergency surgery, told the other vet that I'd be there in 30 - make that 25 - minutes.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:59 AM
Spinx89

Welcome!@
Old 03-09-2011, 04:11 PM
1ATony
Former Sponsor

welcome to the site
Old 03-13-2011, 02:58 PM
rocket fuel
1st Gear Member

welcome, let the fun begin

Search this Thread