New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New Midwest Mustang lover

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 07:29 PM
turbomelanieb

Default New Midwest Mustang lover

Hey, everyone! I'm quite new to the threads. I'm glad to see things are rather active around here, since a lot of message boards don't get used much anymore because of Facebook. I needed to find a Mustang community because I am one of few of my circle of friends who even owns a car, let alone a Mustang. So, I need a place where people know stuff

I've loved Mustangs for years. I used to work at Greenfield Village in Dearborn, MI, and I was always there for their Motor Muster show. Before then my next door neighbor had classic cars and my family tagged along to car shows often. The Mustangs were ALWAYS my favorite (plus, my dad worked for Ford, so I pay homage to Ford).

Over the past few years I've gotten successful as a fitness professional and am finally able to make some life long dreams into a reality... the latest being buying myself a Mustang for my birthday. I'd been planning this since last fall. I went on the site a week ago to build and price, and that's when I saw it... the Boss 302 (and a light shown down). I had been pondering the Cobra, but I knew it had to be the Boss when I saw it, because that was always my favorite at car shows. I didn't, however, realize how limited they were and how lucky I was that the dealership I test drove at last fall actually had one!

Anyways, to not make this a really long story, I'm now a proud owner of a Boss 302 in Kona Blue! Woooooohooooo! I still can't believe it's mine. When I go out to my garage I have a big smile on my face

I am, however, a BIG NEWBIE when it comes to driving stick shift. The salesman at the dealership took me out in another Mustang to teach me and I practiced for two hours. Then, the next day I took the Boss home. I did pretty well. I'm still having the hardest time going from a dead stop into first... once I'm going in first shifting to 2nd, 3rd, etc. is getting pretty smooth for me. I just saw the opportunity to get the Boss and I had to jump, even though I didn't know how to drive it when I bought it :O I just need to get better at that first gear so that driving in city traffic doesn't make me batty Wish me luck! I hope to have this car for many years... I love it!!!!

Old 04-17-2011, 07:49 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum, sick car!
Old 04-17-2011, 09:00 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

welcome....
Old 04-17-2011, 09:04 PM
Fridge56Vet
2nd Gear Member

Love the ride. The manual will get easier with practice. While a bit of a pain in the city, it makes the twisties much more fun!
Old 04-18-2011, 10:39 AM
Hal3st0rm

Welcome! I'd tell you to get out there and practice as much as you can, but with that car I probably don't have to!! I completely understand about staring at it in the garage. I do that with mine too.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:46 AM
TheYeti
2nd Gear Member

very nice car...wish I had one. Driving a manual gets much easier with time. The first time I was learning stick, I didnt think I would ever get it. Now driving stick is just like breathing...its like second nature. Once u get it down, it would be hard to go back to having an auto..
Old 04-18-2011, 11:36 AM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Welcome
Old 04-18-2011, 12:54 PM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Welcome to MF!
Old 04-18-2011, 02:29 PM
turbomelanieb

Thank you for all of the welcome notes
Old 04-18-2011, 08:34 PM
nicknack1016
1st Gear Member

Congrats on getting such a nice stang for your first one. You spoiled yourself tho, and trust me, your just going to want more and more power soon enough. Love the car, and welcome

Quick Reply: New Midwest Mustang lover