New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New to the club

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 04:17 PM
Finulanu

Default New to the club

Hey all, I'm new to the forum and have had my first mustang for about 4 months or so. I'm a big Jeep fanatic and have spent a lot of my time over at Jeep Forum, but now that I'm a new Mustang owner, it only makes sense to spend some time on here and see what I can learn and have my questions answered!

My Mustang is a bone stock '07 GT in silver. Standard gearbox and the 4.6L (which were the 2 must-haves when I was looking for one). It is still indeterminate whether I'll be throwing after market parts onto it, as I have convinced myself to at least keep it stock for quite a while. My Jeep was my former money pit and it gleaned quite a bit of paychecks from me. Anyway, I look forward to reading around on this site and seeing what I can learn.

A the one and only pic I have of my GT at the moment. Hopefully it uploads successfully..

[IMG]07 GT[/IMG]
Old 07-31-2011, 04:22 PM
OhEightGT
2nd Gear Member

Welcome to the "club"!! Doesn't look like your pic uploaded however! How are you liking your first Mustang? It's easy to see how these things can become money pits as well, but just keep telling yourself how much fun it is stock and just take in some ideas until you're ready to mod her I am fighting the urge to pull the trigger on a few things myself, but I have to keep reminding myself that it's already fun and to save my money for the major upgrades I REALLY want over time rather than getting the little odds and ends that I "kinda" want right now

At any rate, enjoy it! And enjoy the forums! They are a lot of fun so far and a wealth of information!
Old 07-31-2011, 04:47 PM
Finulanu

Hopefully this one works..

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/8830/07gt.jpg

And yes, I'm loving my Mustang! It was quite the change crossing over from driving a vehicle for years that was pretty sluggish (33x12.50in tires paired with stock 3.73's) to a car that has so much more power. Took just a bit of getting used to in order to "tame" the pony so to speak haha.
Old 07-31-2011, 04:51 PM
Finulanu

Old 07-31-2011, 05:44 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Welcome....
Old 07-31-2011, 09:09 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Welcome
Old 07-31-2011, 09:39 PM
OhEightGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Finulanu
Hopefully this one works..

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/8830/07gt.jpg

And yes, I'm loving my Mustang! It was quite the change crossing over from driving a vehicle for years that was pretty sluggish (33x12.50in tires paired with stock 3.73's) to a car that has so much more power. Took just a bit of getting used to in order to "tame" the pony so to speak haha.
Beautiful car! Yeah, that was about how I felt too! I test drove a few before landing the one I took home, but actually getting it, owning it, driving it home, you start to realize how much muscle these ponies have just as they are! And how efficient they can actually be if you just take it easy! I've got no doubt built up they are even more amazing but for now it's fun to just enjoy it as is until the funds recover and the fun can really begin