New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hello from Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 02:11 PM
GhostStrykre
2nd Gear Member

Default Hello from Ohio

Hello all. So it looks like a kid finally grew up and achieved a dream. I graduated from The Ohio State University a bit over a year ago and landed a heck of a job. Since I was a teenager I had dreams of once owning a Mustang and constantly tried to make it work while I went through college. Unfortunately, I couldn't ever get the money together that would be needed to make it happen. Now with everything that has come together I finally have a 2012 Mustang V6 on a truck and headed to me (Friends told me they thought me a 5.0L guy, but this is a commuter car and gas mileage was everything, the 5.0 might come some day later). I honestly can't even tell you all how thrilling it is to know its on its way, but then again I know everyone here are enthusiasts so I'm sure they know what I'm talking about. Anyway, I wanted to say thanks to everyone here because just from looking through all the threads I can tell there is a ton of information here and I know it will be a valuable resource. My Mustang is Grabber Blue, and I plan to grab some black rims for it sometime next year after the winter ends.

I do have one question though, and I ran a quick search for it, but didn't find much. Does anyone have any advice on things to look out in a brand new Mustang? I know that I largely shouldn't be driving really long distances on the highway for the first 1000 or so miles, but otherwise is there much to look out for? I've never owned a performance vehicle (and no one in my family has either), so I'm really not sure if there should be much difference in how I "break in" a new Mustang. Any advice here would be amazing. Thanks again everyone!
Old 09-06-2011, 02:22 PM
Franchi
4th Gear Member

Welcome to the boards bud! I'm in Columbus as well myself. Grabber blue is the best color for the new Mustangs!

Congrats on the car. Sounds fun.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:43 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum!
Old 09-06-2011, 03:08 PM
Silver0911
1st Gear Member

Welcome to MF
Old 09-06-2011, 05:10 PM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Welcome to MF!
Old 09-06-2011, 06:12 PM
nj07
2nd Gear Member

Welcome to the forum!
Old 09-06-2011, 07:14 PM
Templar
3rd Gear Member

Welcome
Old 09-06-2011, 07:46 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Welcome!
Old 09-06-2011, 08:15 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum man! I'm also from OH, right outside of Canton. Not sure about breaking in a new vehicle as I've never owned a new vehicle but If I were you i'd take that question to the Tech section for our model stang. More people frequent there and i'm sure you'll get the answers you're looking for there. Congrats on the new stang and I fully support your decision to black out the rims! lol
Old 09-07-2011, 07:04 AM
GhostStrykre
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for all the welcoming comments! And yeah, ill swing over to the tech section as suggested. I keep telling my wife that ill never sell this mustang, as its the first I've bought, so needless to say I have some big modding plans in mind! Thanks again everyone.

Quick Reply: Hello from Ohio