New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New mustang, new member, two questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 06:18 PM
Flefster

Default New mustang, new member, two questions

Hello all. Been using the forums a little bit in the past weeks largely as a research tool as I decided to buy to buy a Mustang. Firstly, I'm kind of young and this is going to be my first real car. I've had a couple cars of course, but this is the first car that i am the sole owner of and all that. I decided on a manual V6 with the performance package in race red. Was really impressed with Ford's value they were offering.

So anyway, I have two questions you guys might be able to help me with. Not sure if I'm supposed to ask questions here but I figure one thread is better than two. First, I'm having it custom built since it seems like not many dealers (if any at all) order the base v6 model with the PP. I was wondering how long it would take from date of order to delivery date. I also was wondering if I should go ahead now and buy winter tires (was liking the bridgestone blizzak's) since the tires in the PP are summer-only. I live in New Jersey. Thanks a lot all.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:14 AM
Templar
3rd Gear Member

Welcome to MF
Old 12-04-2011, 12:11 PM
MarkThorn
2nd Gear Member

Welcome!
For the winter I put studded Nokian Hakka 7. So far I'm really impressed. A little expensive though.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:12 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum!
Old 12-04-2011, 01:58 PM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Welcome to MF & congrats!
Old 12-04-2011, 09:38 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Welcome to the board!

Check out the 05-12 sub-forums:
https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2012-mustangs-43/

The build time from the date of order to date of delivery varies. Some dealerships get quotes of 1 month, others as long as 3months, but I have seen delivery take in excess of 4 months.
As a matter of fact, my own car was such a vehicle. It was ordered earlier in 2010, but delivery did not occur until August, a 4month time. The original customer called the dealership and told them he didnt want the car anymore because he went and bought another that was already on the lot from a different dealership.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:03 PM
All4One
3rd Gear Member

Welcome to the forums.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:13 PM
Pop's Stang
1st Gear Member

Welcome to the site. I would say it may take a few months to get your car in since you are ordering it with the PP. I would wait on the winter tires until you get the car. Why send the money now when you don't have to. IMO
Old 12-04-2011, 11:11 PM
BlackGT45th
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Pop's Stang
Welcome to the site. I would say it may take a few months to get your car in since you are ordering it with the PP. I would wait on the winter tires until you get the car. Why send the money now when you don't have to. IMO
Welcome to the Forums man! I agree with Pop's, I'd wait for the car to get there before buying the snow tires. You never know, the car may not be done until the begining of spring and you may not need them until next winter. I have heard the blizzaks perform well.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:58 AM
Flefster

thanks all. great to be on here. got some really excellent news a few days ago saying the car should be in the week of Christmas, so i went ahead and bought some winter tires for it. Will be picking it up before 1/3/12 so i'm going to get 2250 in incentives iirc. see ya on the forums.

Quick Reply: New mustang, new member, two questions