New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

EZlivin11 (Newbe at large)

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 02:02 PM
simpsonfan13
ELEKTRO-FIDE Moderator

If the oil and colant are mixing then just skip it. It's not worth the money and time spent to repair it. One thing you need to consider as you live here in CA is smog. sn-95's v6 don't make a lot of power. the 99-04's make 190hp and the 95-98 make 160hp. they do NOT take well to modifications, meaning that they will get very little in ways of performance form anything except a supercharger/turbo. that's where CA's smog laws come in and chop you down. any part you want to put on the car, and have that car remain street and smog legal, will need to to have a CARB Exemption Order number. These parts are hard enough to find for V8 car (which have much more in the way of after-market parts) let alone a v6. i honestly think that a v8 is the way to go.
as far as the fatherly concern goes, i can feel where you are coming from, but consider the following: my first car was a Y2K 3.8 (V6) when it rained i could EASILY throw the back end out and start sliding. one can get into mischief with any car. it all comes down to how responsible the driver is.
if your son really does like the sn-95 body id recommend 94-95 5.0. they are cheaper to modify or repair than the 4.6 and still retain the aesthetics your son prefers.

HOWEVER: BEFORE you pull the trigger on ANYTHING do the research into making a CA-legal build. set goals. how much power you want to make from the engine, what your MPG needs/desires are, etc.

btw: 3.5kfor a new edge 3.8 with shot paint is way too much. keep looking i've seen some very nice examples out there for $5K low miles (below 100k) great paint and interior.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:20 PM
ezlivin11

O-swell another bust the paint and interor was trashed and under the hood looked like it never had a bath let alone a mechanic lol Thanx for the feedback all is welcomed
Old 01-23-2012, 10:11 PM
MustangSD
1st Gear Member

Welcome. I have both a V8 and V6 04 mustang. I enjoy both a lot. Good luck in the search quest. Be patient and you will find the right car. They made a lot of them!
Old 01-25-2012, 08:34 PM
ezlivin11

Karma sucks !! And is hard to take when it comes to your kid's I jus hope all ends well, don't we all
I did look at another today: 2000 Blk V8 w/blower "6k" sweet I think I want(MMMMMM), but NOT Sure I'd let Matt have it, but They are out there, Jus got to find the one
Old 01-25-2012, 08:46 PM
ezlivin11

Simpsonfan13 You are absoulty right, But I didn't say I'm not worried bout CA emissons cus he is in CO and is from AZ The vechicle is going to be regestered in southern AZ.
I did have the same problem with the taurus ,I had LIMITED HP without the SHO motor, so v8 isnt a deal breaker LOL
Old 01-25-2012, 08:48 PM
ezlivin11

I have No Clue What Rolando had to say SORRY
Old 01-29-2012, 08:09 AM
ezlivin11

looked at a 98 yesterday, 135k mi, prem pkg. 3.5k That seams to be the number people are wanting around here. I think I'm going to start looking in the AZ area. There will be some trailer time involved, but it would make smog and reg a bit ez'er .
Jus keep looking
Old 01-29-2012, 09:28 AM
Templar
3rd Gear Member

Welcome to MF
Old 01-29-2012, 09:42 PM
jennifer.clifford88

O-swell another bust the paint and interor was trashed and under the hood looked like it never had a bath let alone a mechanic lol Thanx for the feedback all is welcomed
I have both a V8 and V6 04 mustang. I enjoy both a lot. Good luck in the search quest. Be patient and you will find the right car. They made a lot of them!
Old 02-16-2012, 08:08 AM
ezlivin11

I looked at a white w blk strip 04 Mach1, w/shaker and factory sfc, 112kmi, $8k, and he would throw in a alum. driveshaft. She was dirty from sitting, but in verry good shape. I sat in the seat and fired her up, and wanted to lite em up out the drive Damnnn! The whole test drive I was thinking to my self how Mat would feel if I bought this, and gave him my 02 Isuzu Rodeo puddle jumper. LOL
I'm not shure about giving Matt so much horsepower , Cuz I know what I would do with it.! Time to talk to mom, and see what her vote is going to be??
Keep your fingers crossed Matt!!

Quick Reply: EZlivin11 (Newbe at large)