New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New dutchie signing in

Old 02-02-2012, 01:20 PM
Neko
2nd Gear Member

Talking New dutchie signing in

Well, not really new, just... back. Signed up for the forum when I bought the Stang by the looks of the date on the account, and then it got forgotten apparently. So I never posted a 'hi everyone' or whatever to show my arrival to the site.

Best get that out of the way then. So, not new to forums, not new to this forum, but based on the post-count I'm thinking that makes me pretty new

As a resident of the Netherlands (all the way at the other side of the Atlantic) I purchased my Mustang locally in February 2006, so that makes this month the 6th anniversary of owning her. She's a Satin Silver 2002 GT, and while at rare occassions she has let me down by refusing to start for various reason, that's happened so few times I consider her a great and reliable car.

Top picture with her winter tires on:

Bottom picture with her summer shoes fitted:

Since buying her I've been on the net quite a lot, to gather information, ask questions, and just all out have a fun time with kindered spirits. Joined the local Mustang Club, aswell as the Silver Mustang Registry, been to a lot of local meetings, and even a couple of getogethers by the Silver Mustang Registry in the USA (Atlanta, Georgia), and before anyone asks: without the car. It's kind of overkill wanting to drive it there (impossible, she won't float) or bring her back to the USA (financially, and time-wise), just to attend a meeting 4000 miles from where she's at home

Been out to the German Autobahn a few times but never (atleast up to now) had the opportunity to really floor the pedal there. Been close with 140 MPH there (very legal where I did that), but traffic kind of demanded I'd slow down again. Other then that I try to adhere to the speedlimits pretty well, since they check a lot here, and fines are hefty.

So, that's me, looking forward to meet some of you
Old 02-02-2012, 04:04 PM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Welcome to MF! .... Nice ride!
Old 02-02-2012, 07:35 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Welcome!
Old 02-02-2012, 08:04 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum!
Old 02-03-2012, 04:02 PM
MustangSD
1st Gear Member

Hi. I would say welcome but you have been here longer than I have. so.. there is a Silver Mustang Registry? Is it for your local area only or any silver stanger? What do they do other than make big parking lots very shinny?
Old 02-03-2012, 07:57 PM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Welcome
Old 02-05-2012, 09:49 AM
Templar
3rd Gear Member

Welcome to MF
Old 02-05-2012, 12:19 PM
Neko
2nd Gear Member

Thanks all for the welcome. Great to find some activity on here
Originally Posted by MustangSD
Hi. I would say welcome but you have been here longer than I have. so.. there is a Silver Mustang Registry? Is it for your local area only or any silver stanger? What do they do other than make big parking lots very shinny?
It's a global one. Find it at http://www.silvermustangs.com/. Once a year a meeting is done, generally in the area near Georgia/Tennessee, which I've attended a couple of times. Other then that there's a couple of mini-meetings members on the forum there pull together for
Old 02-05-2012, 12:30 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

welcome
Old 02-06-2012, 01:18 PM
Neko
2nd Gear Member

Thanks. Much appreciated

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New dutchie signing in