New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New member, longtime dreamer! Future owner.

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 11:55 AM
BrianDye

Default New member, longtime dreamer! Future owner.

Whatsup guys?

I currently drive a 2000 Ford Explorer Limited AWD V8.

I grew up around Mustangs, my mom had a (96?) Cobra, did quite a bit to it, took it to the tracks and whatnot (I was too young to really know what all she had done to it, but due to relocating for her job at the time, she had to sell it).

My stepdad has had an (02?) Cobra, and has an older Stang, I want to say its a 91, but im honestly not sure. (They divorced years ago, but I still keep in touch with him).

Ive loved every Mustang since I can remember. Unfortunately being a young male driver, insurance would have been outrageous, so I couldnt ever afford to have one. Im now 19 (Turning 20 in a couple weeks), and just started working at Johnson Controls. Once I get "hired" in, I will be purchasing a brand new Mustang, and im really looking at the 2013 Shelbys. My buddy is also gonna buy one at the same time, so its gonna be an awesome experience.

I dont have many plans for it at all, besides an A/V overhaul, as this is one of the few cars ive ever seen, that I absolutely love EVERYTHING about. I will be putting an iPad in place of the stock headunit.

Well, time to go admire some members rides! Looking forward to finally being a Mustang owner!
Old 04-27-2012, 11:59 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum!
Old 04-27-2012, 04:58 PM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Welcome to MF!
Old 04-27-2012, 05:20 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

welcome...
Old 04-27-2012, 06:11 PM
302_HBU
1st Gear Member

Holy sh*t., 19 almost twenty and already buying a brand new Mustang..Teach me your tricks my man..
Old 04-27-2012, 06:49 PM
DRAGUL
5th Gear Member

Welcome to MF
Old 04-27-2012, 08:04 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Wow, right on.....Welcome to MF.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:24 AM
BrianDye

Thanks guys! I sat here drooling for about an hour just checking out some of the members rides. The Mustang has to be one of the most beautiful cars on the road IMO.

Originally Posted by 302_HBU
Holy sh*t., 19 almost twenty and already buying a brand new Mustang..Teach me your tricks my man..
Yea, my life just took a pretty drastic turn for the better last week. We won the lottery! Just kidding, that would be AWESOME. But I was working at Meijers Distribution Center, "part time" since there was a 3 year waiting list to be on full time. When you're part time, they can send you home whenever they want. And being new, your either the first to go, or last one there at 4am. I was 50/50, one night id be there til 4am, the next day, only 2 hours.

After only a month or so of that, I knew I was ready for something better, because I honest to God, made more money at my previous job, 7-Eleven.

My girlfriends dad, best friend (Tyler's) dad, and another friends dad work at Johnson Controls in Northwood, Ohio; and my friend Tyler just got in. They work 5-6 days a week, but the money he makes is amazing. Hes not even "hired in" yet, still on the 500 hour temp probation thing. Once he gets hired in, he will get another $3 an hour right off the bat! What hes making now, he could go out and buy a 2013 Shelby and still be putting money in the bank.

I asked him and my girlfriends dad to help me get in, and I start this Monday!

Im almost considering waiting though, as I would love a 2014 (Anniversary). If I decide to wait, im selling my Explorer, and at least getting an Aviator as my main vehicle. I dont want to buy a Mustang and it be my only vehicle. Id really like to garage it on inclimate weather, and all winter.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:29 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Welcome!
Old 04-29-2012, 06:22 PM
99bluejet

Welcome!

Quick Reply: New member, longtime dreamer! Future owner.