New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hello from Donut Center, Colorado.

Old 05-27-2012, 09:08 AM
dklistul

Default Hello from Donut Center, Colorado.

New here, new to Mustangs. I've always been (and still am) a MOPAR guy but Mustangs, especially the first generation Mustangs, have always been a favorite of mine. Closest thing I've had was a '74 Cougar that my ex had a long time ago.

Anyhow, I came across a pretty nice '66 with the 289 and 3 on the floor. It has a new, 20-foot paint job, has some plastic in the body but overall is in pretty good condition. I'm the 3rd owner and it's always been a Colorado car.

It's a C-code car so it's nothing special. The guy I bought it from did some things to it that I like, but probably didn't help the value of the car. It was an automatic from the factory and he put the 3-speed in it (he used the automatic tranny parts from this car to convert his wife's Mustang because she can't drive a stick any more). Anyhow, I prefer the standard shift, anyway, and since it's one of the hundreds of thousands of these built, it's not a high-dollar car. So I hope to do a few things to it, like nice wheels, dual exhaust, etc. Nothing major, just something to make it a little more fun. I'm even considering swapping the 3-speed for a 4-speed if it's not too much work.

I don't have it yet. I made the deal and gave him a deposit to hold it but I can't get the rest of the cash from the bank since it's a holiday weekend, and I'll be going to Houston on Tuesday. So I'll get the car when I get home.

I'm reading as much as I can about the old girl. I've already downloaded a factory service manual (something I do for ALL my cars) so I can read about a job before I do it.

I'm an airplane maintenance instructor for United Airlines so I'm no stranger to mechanical stuff. I've brought some old stuff back to life in my day. My first car was a 46 Ford Business Coupe that needed a lot of work. About 12 years ago I rescued another 46 Ford, this time a 4-door sedan, from the crusher and got it back on the road. I built a Road Runner clone as my last car project. This is the first time I've bought one of these that I can actually drive right away.

I mentioned that I have been and still am a MOPAR guy. I do not refer to the new cars. The bailouts really made me mad and I've written off GM and Chrysler as candidates if I ever buy a new car. I rent cars a lot and have really learned to like the Fusion and when the day comes that I need a new ride, it just might be one of those.

So that's a little about me. I'll be looking this forum over a lot in an effort to learn as much as my new little pony as I can.

Thanks for listening. See you on the 'net.

Dan
Old 05-27-2012, 09:33 AM
jclarkness

Hello I am new too welcome.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:29 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum!
Old 05-27-2012, 11:01 AM
DRAGUL
5th Gear Member

Welcome to MF
Old 05-27-2012, 12:08 PM
Doyon
3rd Gear Member

Welcome to MF! Hope your happy with your new edtion haha. My girlfriend has a 2012 ford fusion hybrid and I have never drove a more smooth ride.
Old 05-27-2012, 12:20 PM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Welcome to MF!
Old 05-28-2012, 08:07 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Welcome!
Old 05-29-2012, 06:02 AM
madjimmax
1st Gear Member

Welcome aboard from Maryland
Old 05-29-2012, 06:21 AM
dklistul

Upon further review, ad they say, I think I'll explore the possibility of a T-5 transmission. The car has a 2.80 axle and that might have to change if I do go with the OD gearbox.

Time (and $$) will make that decision. But it sure sounds like a good idea right now.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:15 AM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Right on, welcome to MF.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hello from Donut Center, Colorado.