New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New member from the middle east :O (strange story)

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 12:47 PM
Mazen

Unhappy New member from the middle east :O (strange story)

Hello everyone, i have been lurking in these forums for a while but i never really needed to post something until now, now this may sound like a strange story, but i thought if i wanted to share it, where else would i other than here, right?

so this is my story, im Syrian (you may know this country from hearing the news) i am going to the US, to be exact, Rochester, NY. in less than a month.

to study, that's not the point tho, i want to buy a mustang GT, as in order one, now from what i read, if you're lucky it could take 2 months for your car to arrive, and not many ppl get lucky, so i was wondering if the dealer there will accept to order the car i built, before i come to the US (so i don't have to wait such a long time), now even if he does accept, i will not be able to send him the good-will money (or what did they call those :P?) which is about $500-$1000 via PayPal or credit card due to problems in Syria they no longer work, the only way is i send it using a Western Union branch, near the dealer, and he has to be sent to a certain person (only he can withdraw the money), and even if they accept to send a guy just to withdraw the money, what proof will i have from this dealer that they received this amount from me? and that they ordered my car?

argghhhh just talking about it makes me

i know i know, what a f**ked up story, but its very annoying, if this does not work i have to wait extra months, when im already here, waiting! so i have to wait while i wait, and when i get there wait some more

i have already sent an email to the dealer asking, i didnt say yet that i cant send the good-will money using Credit Card or PayPal, only asked if i could order a car before i come to the US, i should get an answer tomorrow.

anyways here is my story, what do you think they will say? will they accept? or i should just wait? whatever your opinion is on the matter, say it!
Old 07-01-2012, 02:10 PM
Tom V
2nd Gear Member

What? Why do you need to order a car? There cars are plentiful over the city. Not that it matters, exactly what dealership are you referring to anyways?
Old 07-01-2012, 02:23 PM
Mazen

http://www.corteseauto.com/

they didnt have what i wanted, or even close.
Old 07-01-2012, 02:48 PM
Tom V
2nd Gear Member

Well, I can tell you that they are legit in the area. I just don't care for the idea of sending western union to an individual with no real proof of payment.
Old 07-01-2012, 02:56 PM
Mazen

you mean the idea of paying with WU is wrong, or that i don't need a proof that i paid them? that's ofc if they even accept the idea in the first place.
Old 07-01-2012, 03:11 PM
Tom V
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mazen
i send it using a Western Union branch, near the dealer, and he has to be sent to a certain person (only he can withdraw the money), and even if they accept to send a guy just to withdraw the money, what proof will i have from this dealer that they received this amount from me?
^THIS
Old 07-01-2012, 03:17 PM
Mazen

that's what was worrying me, i will update this thread with what they answer me tomorrow, wish me luck, i mean if im lucky they could agree to order the car without this 500$ ****ty payment, lets see what happens =)
Old 07-01-2012, 04:40 PM
dsslayer1210
1st Gear Member

Welcome, western union deals sound sketchy. I'd say set up a bank account and take care of things carefully so you don't lose any money over it.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:15 PM
Mazen

second day passed now, and no response of any kind from the dealer.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:44 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Welcome, hope you get it sorted out.

Quick Reply: New member from the middle east :O (strange story)