New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

welcome to mustangforums.com

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 12:26 AM
Rafkin

Default RE: welcome to mustangforums.com

Thanks for the welcome. I just came across this site and looking forward to picking the brains of fellow Mustang owners. I've recently purchased a 2002 Laser Red GT Convertible. It's all stock right now; bought if for the fun of driving and for the convertible. Looking forward to finding information.
Old 12-11-2005, 12:36 PM
Daleys06BlackGT

Hello all...

Traded in my prefect running never had any problems besides the broken front seat True Blue 2001 Cobra with 116k miles on it for a Black 06 GT and I though I was taking a step down but in fact it is more like a sideways step. The GT is 4 1/2 inches longer and an inch wider and 7/10 inch taller.
Both weigh in at 3430-3450 lbs. The Cobra had 320hp and 317 ft lbs torque. The GT has 300 hp and 320 ft lbs of torque.
Both ride the same IMHO
Old 12-11-2005, 09:21 PM
rejected_soul25

Hello peoples, my name is Jeff Neat from lexington kentucky. My brother just told me about this site, big fan of mustangs. I currently have a Blue 1999 mustang, yes it's a v6 nothing special at the moment, but maybe in the near future i can swap out engines with a v8, but for now im happy with what i have. Im 16 so this is also my first call. Hope to meet some people on this site, but see ya later for now
~Jeff
Old 12-18-2005, 12:28 PM
shep987

Hey all,
My name is Robert and on Tuesday the 13 I bought my first Mustang. An 05 gt and I love it. Here are a couple of pics so you too can enjoy it.

[IMG]local://upfiles/26054/B851127D2CCE4B17A02D719BD033D8D6.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/26054/803B96EE98294E168748D45692D6272C.jpg[/IMG]
Old 12-20-2005, 01:16 AM
mustanghottie8

HI everyone my name is Shawn and I am from Wisconsin. Seems strange though because I can't drive my mustang all year around which sucks because I can only drive it 3 to 4 months out of the year. I haven't made any real adjustments or modifications to my mustang...yet because I still have warranty and don't want to make it void. I am on my 3rd mustang now, it is a 2004 GT convertible and fully loaded. It is a 5 speed which I love and I bought a nice after market yellow shift ****, because well...my car is SCREAMIN YELLOW. Yellow is my favorite color. I have rocker panel decals, decals around my hood scoop, and reflective bumper inserts. I also have the yellow reflective windshield decal that says Mustang GT. I have yet to upload my pictures since the decals but...anyways, I do have a cold air intake on there and plan to get a new suspension and exhaust system. Someday I'll get a turbo on their too I think but the modifications are going to come one at a time. This whole forum thing is new to me so here I go....
Old 12-21-2005, 04:32 PM
JamesFP

Just want to say hi to everyone, also would like to invite people to check out my website that i just started for information and other purposes. www.jamespolson.com It took me a while to decide on the right forum for mustangs and i am glad i chose this one.
Old 12-22-2005, 07:13 AM
3drgenracer

[&:] Thanks for the welcome. its good to have people to talk about mustangs with all my friends are chevy and mopar fans "sick". I will soon post pics of my 69 mach 1 drag car.

talk to you later

nick
Old 12-22-2005, 11:28 AM
Nobull Steed

Hi and thanks for the welcome. My wife and I recently bought a 98 convertible just for crusin around. She said I'm going through my second childhood. I think I'm still in my first - lol. We've been married 35 years. Looking forward to sharing `Stang info.

[IMG]local://upfiles/26248/8DF085CF691C4F78B2B3D967790F7105.jpg[/IMG]
Old 12-23-2005, 02:03 PM
blackonblackgt06

Hello all! I am a lifelong fan of Mustangs and finally went and got me one.
It took me only a month and through dealerships to get the stang I wanted and I lucked up and found the one I was looking for!

2006 MUSTANG GT PREMIUM VERT (BLACKONBLACK)
So far I have done the follwing mods:
C&L CAI/ SCT XCAL2 TUNED
Hurst Short throw shifter
Eibach Pro lowering kit
Flowmaster 40 muffs
Sequential tail lights

I have the following upcoming MODS:
SHELBY STYLE HOOD WITH SCOOP
Ducktail
Powdercoat Black trim stock GT rims
Black tint-(with properly prepped felt to eliminate scratching on interior tint)
Convertible light bar
Shelby styled stripes-(Dark grey)
Yellow fogs

I will post a pic soon when I get some fresh ones!!!!
I look forward to learning whats hot and whats not from all of you.
This car is my dream car, I work hard and finally am geting to reap the rewards!!!!
Have a great day everyone!!!!!!
J

Old 12-26-2005, 04:22 PM
dansgt

Hello I'm Dan Fom Aberdeen ,Maryland and the VP of The Mustang Club of Maryland. Voted into my 4th year. Have a 98GT and is my second Mustang. it took me 30 years to get my second MUstang but worth the wait. my first Mustang in high school was a 1966 Shelby GT350H, sold it like a fool but we all live and learn. Bought my 98 GT 3 days before Thanksgiving in 98. first thing installed on my car was K&N filter and Flowmasters. but alot done to car since then. just about everything except supercharging and nitrous. newest mods was MSG masterblaster coilpacks, MGW shortie shifter, BBK 75mm Throttle body. MM sub frame connectors, Gift from Santa Grahpic Express Gold Lemans stripes on my Lazer Red Gt. I owe most of my suppoet from my also car buff wife Debby. Went we frist met she owned a Slomaro Z28 butshe soon changed to Mustangs. Joined the Mustang Club of Maryland shortly after buying our Mustang and was voted as Vp 4 years ago. Thanks to Ford for keeping the Mustang alive for all the years and for many years ahead. we attended the 35 Anny and the 40th and looking foward to the 45th. Trying to convince my finiacial advisor into buying an 06. i guess if the vote is yes will look into a Vert GT. Good luck to all the Mustang owners in the World and drive safe and enjoy your Ride. May The Horse be With you, Thanks Dan Heagy VP MCOM. by the way recieved my copy MMFF Christmas eve and found your website.

Quick Reply: welcome to mustangforums.com