New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Howdy From Chattanooga

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 09:52 PM
Bob Boyer

Default Howdy From Chattanooga

Finally signed up after lurking for a month or two. Just purchased a 2007 convertible GT with 63k miles on in October; coming from a heavily modified Miata, I like the car a lot. Been a long time since I got to play with this kind of power, I'd forgotten about this kind of fun.

I'm still kind of shaking things down but the car seems to be in pretty good shape. I had a pretty sophisticated suspension on the Miata so I suspect some Koni Sports, camber bolts and at least some better brake pads are in my near future on this car. Pushing hard on GA 52 over Fort Mountain showed me a couple of weaknesses but overall this car shows how far Detroit has come in its ability to build good cars. Don't think I'll lower this car - a bad back that has left me with a numb left foot is pretty much what forced me out of the Miata - but I still like my twisties around here, including some roads around the Dragon, so suspension improvements will be my primary interest for a while.

Will get some pix up when it stops raining long enough to wash it and snap a couple. It's metallic grey with black interior; I've added a strut brace to help with the hood shimmy and a different grille just for the sake of doing something a little different. The hood needs a repaint due to some rock blasting, I may add light silver stripes at that point as well.

Who knows. It's a sickness.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:55 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Welcome to MF. Looking for mods, check out hypermotive Performance. Contact jay@hypermotive here on the forum. Tell him Sleeper sent you.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:22 PM
Nosami

Welcome!
I feel ya on the bad back. I'll never lower my Mustangs, Memphis doesn't have roads. "You got some road in your pot holes" kinda deal.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:47 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

welcome

Check out AmericanMuscle.com, they have a full line of aftermarket parts including suspension. You should also talk to Sam Strano. He is a world of knowledge when talking suspension. Both are sponsors here.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:20 PM
MarkMan
4th Gear Member

Welcome to MF! Congrats on the purchase!
Old 01-13-2013, 06:22 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Welcome to MF
Old 01-13-2013, 07:36 PM
Bob Boyer

Originally Posted by Nosami
Welcome!
I feel ya on the bad back. I'll never lower my Mustangs, Memphis doesn't have roads. "You got some road in your pot holes" kinda deal.
Oh, I know so well. I've busted a tire or two while over there on business.

Thanks everyone. I've already been cruising the suspension and tire fora...
Old 01-14-2013, 12:31 AM
samolet
3rd Gear Member

Welcome to MF!
Old 01-14-2013, 09:59 AM
03gt04mach1
3rd Gear Member

Welcome Bob. Glad you joined up. No more lurking. Look in the TECH area, check out American Muscle. You can call them if you have questions about parts, they'll most likely have the answer you need. They've seen it all.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:06 PM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Welcome to MF!

Quick Reply: Howdy From Chattanooga